P&L vs P&L

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

P&L vs P&L

Post by GRID »

Thoughts? I really liked that tall tower in the orginal P&L.

Last edited by GRID on Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

P&L vs P&L

Post by trailerkid »

The original is easily better, but that's mostly due to it's superior density and more interesting architecture. It would be great if we eventually got a few signature towers in the P+L similar to those in the original plan.

It is obvious that the current P+L was GREATLY influenced by the original.

In some ways, this is much more about the quality of the rendering. Arnold Imaging's rendering does not due as much justice as the original.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

P&L vs P&L

Post by GRID »

I think the original makes the new one look cheezy. It just seems like they put a lot more thought into it with the architecture and density.

But I will take either.

That building next to the P&L building is awesome and it would have complimented the P&L tower rather than covering it up with a glass box as some have recommended with the new convention hotel.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

P&L vs P&L

Post by trailerkid »

GRID wrote: That building next to the P&L building is awesome and it would have complimented the P&L tower rather than covering it up with a glass box as some have recommended with the new convention hotel.
Wouldn't that be great to revise that building in the rendering for the new convention hotel with the new KCP+L HQ on top? I like the corner design, but then heighten the two-tier building with a singular tower jetting from it.
scooterj
Ambassador

P&L vs P&L

Post by scooterj »

I like the current one better because it's the one that's really happening and not a dead dream. :)
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

P&L vs P&L

Post by dangerboy »

The older rendering is much better. The computer-generated graphic doesn't come close to the hand-drawn one. Plus the older also includes the surrounding buildings. The new one has blank squares around the outside of the district.
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

P&L vs P&L

Post by KCTigerFan »

I love the architecture of the high-rise buildings in the original. The current design however appears to create an environment that is more pedestrain friendly throughout and gives a much better West/East flow. It also appears that the original had elevated walkways in the design. Not a fan of those because it takes traffic off the streets and places it inside buildings.
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

How about a version of this on the KC skyline

Post by KCTigerFan »

The BoA Tower / Hearts Tower in Charlotte.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=100730