Grain Valley Sprawl Consequences

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

The Examiner has a good article on how the Grain Valley school district is being pummeled by the downside of growth. It's basically a rural school district that overnight has a huge new population of people demanding suburban services. Unfortunately since schools are separate from municipal government in Missouri, the school district has no say in how fast the city grows - it just has to find a while to deal with the new students.

http://www.examiner.net/stories/110603/ ... 3014.shtml
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

It's disgusting to me that so many thousands of people moved into this town in the last several years and then voted down the tax to help the schools support their load by a 3 to 1 margin.
The Summit
Pad site
Pad site

Post by The Summit »

Grain Valley is growing too fast for sure and the people get what they deserve if they don't fork up the cash to support themsleves.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

That's an irony of sprawl. People move out to the edge of suburbs because it's cheaper, taxes are lower, etc. Then they discover that they end up paying more to bring the level of services to what they are accustomed to. Can't have your biege cake and eat it to.
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by ShowME »

"I think we need to propose a levy," said Matt Nelson, a third grade teacher at Matthews Elementary. "We are running out of space in the buildings. I was surprised it didn't pass the last time. I was disappointed."

That's about all you need to know you cheap ass Grain Villians. And before anyone you know decides to move to Grain Valley tell them to stay away and to spread the word about the citizens who live in this community. Not only will you be doing the people you know a favor but also the students that are currently enrolled won't have there meager supplies stretched even further.
Calling a spade a spade.