Urban Lofts, Condo's, Dwelling Cribs

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Urban Lofts, Condo's, Dwelling Cribs

Post by Slappy the Wang »

Urbanites:

New residential units have been popping up like crazy, but are all the markets being well represented?  In other words, is there current adequate space available for the $80k, $120k, $180k, $220k, $300k and $400k and up loft/condo buyer?  Is any one segment significantly difficient in current inventory?
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: Urban Lofts, Condo's, Dwelling Cribs

Post by jlbomega »

Low cost will always be underrepresented because developers are by nature greedy people.  They want to get the biggest bang for their buck.  They will continue to build/convert condos downtown until they start to loose their shirts, same thing that happened in the early 90's.  For some reason real estate developers have a "if you build it they will come" mentality about everything.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

I think it's more of an issue that it's impossible to make money on new construction if they're priced at $80k unless they're the size of a shoebox.
You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

And have apartment grade appliances and finishes.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

jlbomega wrote: Low cost will always be underrepresented because developers are by nature greedy people.
You make it sounds like they're somehow different than anyone else that's in business for anything.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go and be greedy and go to work(yes, on a Saturday night).
K.C.Highrise
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by K.C.Highrise »

if you want a 80k condo move to midtown. Lots of options.
Last edited by K.C.Highrise on Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.