Pros/Cons living DTKC

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Pros/Cons living DTKC

Post by KCPowercat »

yup, frozen pizza.  I'd like to help the owner layout the store...you can find chips in 4 seperate areas....horrible waste of space.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

It's better than it was, though. Before Quizno's, the layout was an exercise in stupidity.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I don't mind the Supermart, but they seem to have a problem stocking the shelves. Too many times I go in there and they're out of everything.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

you guys should have seen the qh supermart way back when it opened in 93, nothing, half the size ,only one small cooler. sad.

and 12 aisles of cards.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

they just got rid of the cards when the moved Quiznos in....I never understood the cards, what can the markup be on greeting cards.

It is getting better but it could be so much more.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCPowercat wrote: they just got rid of the cards when the moved Quiznos in....I never understood the cards, what can the markup be on greeting cards.

It is getting better but it could be so much more.
i think 86'ing the pharmacy was a good first step. it needed to go, nowhere near as good as a cvs, walgreens, or even osco.

when they redid it in 96, and doubled in size, all the new space, ALL OF IT, became grocery store, and the old grocery store reverted to more hallmark type shit. i never understood that. i did not expect them to start selling steaks and produce, but, i mean, how about somre more foods, cleaners, stuff like that??

i have not been in since the quizno's went in, where did it go in there? where the pharmacy part was, or what? what is the layout now?
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

quiznos towards broadway on the rounded part of the building towards 11th (not familiar with the pharmacy layout)

I actually am surprised sometimes with how much stuff they do have.

bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

The city needs to drop its silly restriction about church proximity, so the QHSM can start selling beer. Then, downtown would be perfect.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCPowercat wrote: quiznos towards broadway on the rounded part of the building towards 11th (not familiar with the pharmacy layout)

I actually am surprised sometimes with how much stuff they do have.
ok, where the rows and rows and rows of cards are, or were. gotchya. that makes more sense then all the cards.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Yeah, the cards didn't usually have people lined up out the door and around the side of the building, for lunches.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

BTW the new c-store in the West Bottoms, the one with the Wendys attached to it, is open 24/7 and has a prettty good selection of thee basics:  frozen dinners, ice cream, medicine, paper products, ccleaning supplies, etc.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

All I need is oatmeal cream pies and toilet paper.

...and this thermos.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

scooterj wrote: BTW the new c-store in the West Bottoms, the one with the Wendys attached to it, is open 24/7 and has a prettty good selection of thee basics:  frozen dinners, ice cream, medicine, paper products, ccleaning supplies, etc.
Yeah, thats a real nice store.  I always tend to forget it is there though unless I am passing through on 70. 
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

That c-ctore is nice, but unless I want to walk down the rickety 12th street viaduct(and back up it), I'm going to have to get in my car to get there.

Sure, I could take the bus to get down there and back, but for all that hassle, I could just go to the real store.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

bahua wrote: That c-ctore is nice, but unless I want to walk down the rickety 12th street viaduct(and back up it), I'm going to have to get in my car to get there.

Sure, I could take the bus to get down there and back, but for all that hassle, I could just go to the real store.

Ever since that guy got squished against the barrier by a truck making a turn a few years ago, I have vowed never to walk that bridge.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

bahua wrote: All I need is oatmeal cream pies and toilet paper.

...and this thermos.
And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Watching "Freaks and Geeks," I was a Cindy Sanders fan for the whole time, until she spoke out against "The Jerk." What kind of evil mind can dislike "The Jerk?"
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

bahua wrote: Watching "Freaks and Geeks," I was a Cindy Sanders fan for the whole time, until she spoke out against "The Jerk." What kind of evil mind can dislike "The Jerk?"
He hates these cans.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I get a belly laugh just reading quotes from the movie.

Some movies should be watched with any future mate before marrage. The Jerk is on that list.

These two lines from the bedroom scean maybe the one of the funnyist things on film.
I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it.

and
You look so beautiful and peaceful, you almost look dead. And I'm glad, because there's something I want to say that's always been very difficult for me to say.
[pause]
"I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit." There. I've never been relaxed enough around anyone to say that.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

You can tell a lot about a person by how live. And I can see from looking around here that you're a genuinely dirty person.

fyi: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079367/quotes

Die, milkface!