Pendelton Heights question

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Pendelton Heights question

Post by KCRealtor »

mean wrote: I guess I'll pass that number to my agent. Is he going to FSBO?
He says that he will FSBO (incognito) for another 20 or 30 days ... then will list.  However, he absolutely will work with your agent.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Cool, she's supposed to call him today. Thanks!
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

mean...see anything that you have liked so far?  There is some good stuff and other is just plain yuck!
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

The supposed former firestation was really cool, but kinda smaller than what I'd like. Saw something on Olive (218?) that was pretty cool, but the "third story" was full of ductwork. There was a really cool 3-story FSBO further east (not in PH) that was pretty cool, too, but too far from downtown.

Finding the right mix of size, layout, location, and price is a tough challenge.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

there's a house in the upper 500 block of Olive, 546 or close to that. Its in the middle of a remodel, but it does include the lot next door. Not sure about the price tho.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

tat2kc wrote: there's a house in the upper 500 block of Olive, 546 or close to that. Its in the middle of a remodel, but it does include the lot next door. Not sure about the price tho.
I think the address is 532... another 3500sf home currently being restored.  The owners, tasteful historians, have recently gutted the home and found a magnificent floorplan.  Structurally sound, this one is going to rock!  I think the original market price intentions were near 200k, but would have to talk to the sellers for certain.  It sits in a super location among homes that are either restored or under construction.  Regarding the lot, the sellers are going build a historic style new home of a smaller scale.  I have advised a 3bedroom with garage.  This one would be a smart custom build for "mean" 
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Very interesting. Any idea what they're thinking of for the new build? Are they selling 532 after they restore it, or just the next door lot?
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

mean wrote: Very interesting. Any idea what they're thinking of for the new build? Are they selling 532 after they restore it, or just the next door lot?
Since Olive is a Historic District street the new home will have to be something historic in nature.  They have tossed around the victorian cottage style with a large front porch and lap siding, 2 story.  532 is being restored to sell! The size alone is attractive.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford a new build, not for the size I'm looking for, but I are they going to work with potential buyers to customize a floorplan, etc?

Also, any idea when 532 will be ready?
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

mean wrote: I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford a new build, not for the size I'm looking for, but I are they going to work with potential buyers to customize a floorplan, etc?

Also, any idea when 532 will be ready?
532 was going to be ready this summer, but they are working on another home on Windsor that is sold pre-construction so that comes first.  I think they could get it done by fall if they wanted, but I hate to advise them to put a home on the market in the fall/winter....spring is a better market.  If they had an interested party they would likely do whatever you wanted.  As for the new build...will likely be priced at or below the price of 532.  Both homes will be new...532 will have the old world touches and brick build...larger too.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I'm potentially interested, would like to see it of course.
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

mean wrote: I'm potentially interested, would like to see it of course.
Did your get the owners #? 
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Indeed, I've forwarded it to my agent. Thanks!
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

mean wrote: Indeed, I've forwarded it to my agent. Thanks!
Let me know if your Realtor needs anything.  I've found that very few Realtors even know about the area...I get a lot of calls for info.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Looked at 507 on Saturday...super cool house, but we're concerned that there's no central air. Do you know whether 532 has it?
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

mean wrote: Looked at 507 on Saturday...super cool house, but we're concerned that there's no central air. Do you know whether 532 has it?
Currently, 532 has nothing.  But will have it upon full restoration.  In fact, everything will be new with exception of brick and wood floors....but will be 200k+...  507 is a cool home.  Don't often see gothic victorians in KC, but that's a good one.  As for the ac...your Realtor should be able to figure out a creative way to get that worked out for you...if you like the home.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Cool, I'll talk to my agent. We may be making an offer on 507 soon... :D

Which makes me wonder, are you Stu's agent? I know the house isn't listed, but I'm not sure if he's going to list or FSBO or what...?
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

mean wrote: Cool, I'll talk to my agent. We may be making an offer on 507 soon... :D

Which makes me wonder, are you Stu's agent? I know the house isn't listed, but I'm not sure if he's going to list or FSBO or what...?
Would love to have another great neighbor on the block!  Let me know if you need answers to any questions...glad to help.  Stu has chosen to keep his home off of the active market through the divorce, but plans to list with me April 1st.  Therefore, if you wrote an offer...your Realtor would be writing it on a FSBO. 
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

If you buy that house, mean, you will be practically direct neighbors with like 6 forum members, myself included. :)
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Sweet! :D