Fun House Pizza page

A place to post and request pictures of Kansas City.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Fun House Pizza page

Post by shinatoo »

Fun House Pizza page on Facebook. Some of those photos kill me.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 3180259371
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Fun House Pizza page

Post by chrizow »

this is awesome.  i became a "fan" of fun house on facebook and experienced a period of extreme nostalgia.  i haven't been there in at least 15 years.  i really need to go.  my fiancee has never been, so that's a good reason.  do they still have bands on the weekends?
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Fun House is fantastic.  We still go there periodically, but I too have the fondest memories from my childhood.  The back room on 350 Hwy was for adults and I wasn't allowed back there as a kid.  Up front they had a real Honda 3-wheeler that was attached to one of those horsey ride things, so it bounced up and down.  Headlight worked, it was awesome.  And the best part - it was free!  It was operated by a light switch right behind it.

They have those silly homemade wooden stools made out of 2 inch thick pine for seating, very easy to fall out of if you've had a few.  The bottom of their pizza has that somewhat charred, gritty-ness that is so amazing.  It was our go-to place for all family birthdays. 
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I remember really digging Fun House the one or two times I went, ages ago. I though the pizza was vastly superior to Pizza Hut and its ilk. May have to get back there and see if it is as good as I remember.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Thaine »

We went to Zeppi's a lot in Waldo.  Not sure of the details but Zeppi's and Fun House were supposedly owned by former partners (same food and layout complete with the little rides and backroom music).  They split and the Fun House branch expanded.  
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

pretty sure Pappy's Pizza in Lee's Summit, and Tim's Pizza in independence, are cut from the same cloth.  Tim's doesn't have the same atmosphere (Pappy's is similar) but the pizza is the same, with that weird airy, crispy crust.  delicious.  i love the hot-as-stars pool of grease contained in each pepperoni.
Last edited by chrizow on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Yeah, I remember Tim's (in Blue Springs) was similar, flavor-wise, but it was in an awful sterile strip mall.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Never been to Tim's but I always thought Fun House was much better than Pappi's, although identical in concept.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

I grew up on Fun House, but a different generation meant that I didn't get to experience what my parents have told me about the place. My mom's side used to frequent the old Sugar Creek one and my dad's was the 40 Highway location. I still go occasionally but it just doesn't taste as good as it used to, shame.