Boveri Group Party DT - Anyone Go last nite?

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Boveri Group Party DT - Anyone Go last nite?

Post by Maitre D »

I was driving around  DT last nite and saw a big party at the corner of 12th & Grand.  Some real estate group was having a gathering and the signs inside (facing out to the streets) said "Come Explore DT living".

So anyway I get out, and walk right in the side door.  I wasn't invited to this party of course but so what?  Went straight for the bar as you'd expect.  They had different models/information packets about several places.

Anyway, kinda cool.  I saw a guy with a nametag reading "George Birt".  I only know the name b/c of this site so I introduced myself and talked about his Green Glass Plaza tower.  I asked him about the area just due West and he said Highwoods owns it, and might put in 6-story retail.  ( :x :x).    What a waste.

Then i finished my beer and left.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Boveri Group Party DT - Anyone Go last nite?

Post by chrizow »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: I asked him about the area just due West and he said Highwoods owns it, and might put in 6-story retail. 
6-story retail?!  what would that even look like? 

kudos on crashing the party though!  :lol:
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

chrizow wrote: 6-story retail?!  what would that even look like? 

kudos on crashing the party though!   :lol:
If anyone ever wants to crash a party, PM me.

I really enjoy it.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

I was there.  Pretty awesome transformation of 12th & Grand. 
topfloordown
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by topfloordown »

It was a great event/ribbon cutting for Boveri's 2nd office location (the first being at 18th and Wyandotte). Quite an impressive addition to the Central Business District, not to mention the first downtown-focused Residential/commercial Real Estate firm in the area.  =D>
Attachments
Boveri_2.jpg
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

topfloordown wrote: It was a great event/ribbon cutting for Boveri's 2nd office location (the first being at 18th and Wyandotte). Quite an impressive addition to the Central Business District, not to mention the first downtown-focused Residential/commercial Real Estate firm in the area.  =D>
Too bad the way they run their business sucks.  I hate their website because they do a very poor job of describing the properties.  The only pic you get is one tiny thumbnail of the property that doesn't give you any real idea of whether it would be something of interest to you.  Then, if you email them with inquiries they won't answer your questions.  They want you to come in to see them.  I assume so they excercise some high pressure sales tactics on you.  Absolutely no way I'd ever do business with them. 

Good job crashing that party PPA.  At least they are worth something even if it's only a free beer.  You should have smuggled out a couple trays of ouerderves and set yourself up with a week's worth of free lunches compliments of Boveri Realty.
justb
Surface Lot

Post by justb »

Thrillcekr wrote: Too bad the way they run their business sucks.  I hate their website because they do a very poor job of describing the properties.  The only pic you get is one tiny thumbnail of the property that doesn't give you any real idea of whether it would be something of interest to you.  Then, if you email them with inquiries they won't answer your questions.  They want you to come in to see them.  I assume so they excercise some high pressure sales tactics on you.  Absolutely no way I'd ever do business with them. 

Good job crashing that party PPA.  At least they are worth something even if it's only a free beer.  You should have smuggled out a couple trays of ouerderves and set yourself up with a week's worth of free lunches compliments of Boveri Realty.
Hello all, especially Thrillceker, this is Christina Boveri, owner/broker of Boveri Realty Group.  I'm sorry to hear that you have such a negative impression of my business and our work.  We will look at your comments about our website, our photos and text provided to see how we can make improvements.  We always appreciate constructive criticism.

With regard to your other comments, we would love to have you come to visit our firm and see who we really are and the unique way we try to do the business of real estate.  I am sure you will change your thoughts once you have met us.

Thanks..........Christina Boveri
artistboy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by artistboy »

I've worked with Boveri before and they're fine.

I've also worked with George Birt, and will not do that again.
INGREDIENTS: COFFEE, BEER, AND ILL WILL.
Mfd. by KCMO © 1975
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

justb wrote: Hello all, especially Thrillceker, this is Christina Boveri, owner/broker of Boveri Realty Group.  I'm sorry to hear that you have such a negative impression of my business and our work.  We will look at your comments about our website, our photos and text provided to see how we can make improvements.  We always appreciate constructive criticism.

With regard to your other comments, we would love to have you come to visit our firm and see who we really are and the unique way we try to do the business of real estate.  I am sure you will change your thoughts once you have met us.

Thanks..........Christina Boveri
Hey, sorry for crashin your party.

Actually, not sorry.  But do want to say Thanks! for the beer.  You had a really, really neat set-up in there that I had to come check out.  Best wishes.

CityLiving
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by CityLiving »

artistboy wrote: I've worked with Boveri before and they're fine.

I've also worked with George Birt, and will not do that again.
George Birt?  I have always thought he had great properties...was the sales experience bad?  Low quality workmanship in buildings?
artistboy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by artistboy »

CityLiving wrote: George Birt?  I have always thought he had great properties...was the sales experience bad?  Low quality workmanship in buildings?
Low quality workmanship is a good description, just a lot of lip service. The new project on the Plaza does look good so hopefully it turns out well. Maybe he's got his s*%t together finally.
INGREDIENTS: COFFEE, BEER, AND ILL WILL.
Mfd. by KCMO © 1975
medleyj
Pad site
Pad site

Post by medleyj »

chrizow wrote: 6-story retail?!  what would that even look like? 
Ever been to Water Tower Place in Chicago?

I'm not familliar the the proposed building for this 6-story retail. I just wanted to point out that it has been done.
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Czar »

Boveri did an excellent job with her new space.  It was gutsy to locate on that blighted corner and I know she will help turn it around.  Anyone that wants to make real investment in downtown, do so..if you dont and you criticize someone who is then shut your pie hole.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

Czar wrote: Boveri did an excellent job with her new space.  It was gutsy to locate on that blighted corner and I know she will help turn it around. 
police surveying a shattered plate glass window in the new Boveri offices this morning.

welcome to the neighborhood!
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

chrizow wrote: police surveying a shattered plate glass window in the new Boveri offices this morning.

welcome to the neighborhood!
Gawd.  Between this, the Arena glass, adn the KC Star glass, is there any type of window that the vagrants of KCMO won't destroy?

Seriously Kay Waldo, get on this.  Enough already.

DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: Gawd.  Between this, the Arena glass, adn the KC Star glass, is there any type of window that the vagrants of KCMO won't destroy?

Seriously Kay Waldo, get on this.  Enough already.
downtown cameras, a la chicago.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

The Boveri thing was a smash and grab.  A guy broke out the window (12ft x 7 ft = $7,000) with a brick in a KU athletic bag and grabbed a laptop computer.

The good news?  He was caught outside Grand Slam Liquors trying to sell the laptop.  The Grand Slam guys called the cops on him.  He has a long history of smash and grabs in KCK and KCMo. 
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

loftguy wrote: The Boveri thing was a smash and grab.  A guy broke out the window (12ft x 7 ft = $7,000) with a brick in a KU athletic bag and grabbed a laptop computer.

The good news?  He was caught outside Grand Slam Liquors trying to sell the laptop.  The Grand Slam guys called the cops on him.  He has a long history of smash and grabs in KCK and KCMo. 
wtf!?

glad they caught him, though. 

lesson: don't leave laptops visible through large ground-floor windows downtown.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

loftguy wrote: The Boveri thing was a smash and grab.  A guy broke out the window (12ft x 7 ft = $7,000) with a brick in a KU athletic bag and grabbed a laptop computer.

Needs to be tied to a "tetherball pole" and caned repeatedly.

KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

Same thing happened at the Urban Living Center next to Cellar Rat last December.  Busted the window and stole a couple plasma TVs.