The KCK Piper/Delaware Master Plan

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

The KCK Piper/Delaware Master Plan

Post by KCK »

This is the master plan draft for the areas of Kansas City, KS, known as Piper and the area surrounding the Kansas Speedway including Village West. In case anyone isnt familiar with how big this area is, it is 40 square miles.

It is sparsely populated, and those who do live there are some of the richest residents in the county.

There is a lot of disagreement over the way the area should be developed, with current residents demanding housing be limited to single family homes, and all retail going in the area near Village West. Meanwhile developers wanting to basically get as much housing, multi and single family, into this area as quickly as possible. They also want commercial development closer to the residents in some parts of the area.

This is just a draft of the plan and not the official plan. The official plan will be decided upon next month, after there are two community forums. One tonight and one on January 31.
http://www.wycokck.org/planning/prairie ... an2004.htm

40 square mile is a huge chunk of land. Just think, San Francisco is only 49 square miles. My hope is that this place doesn't become another overrated suburb that I can't afford to live in, but at the same time I hope it doesn't become a shit hole like the rest of KCK.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!