All these new condos...isn't anybody developing affordable apartments?

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: All these new condos...isn't anybody developing affordable apartments?

Post by KCRealtor »

The answer to affordable rentals I have found in the NE.  Bought a building last year with no intent of renting right away...people knocking down my door to get in.  My building is being renovated currently so I have no intent of renting soon, but my one bedrooms will likely be around $550-600 per mo. with private parking.  This seems to be affordable to those asking and I'm good with it too.  I remember paying that 12 years ago in midtown!  Changing times certainly do have a price.
ThaMexican
New York Life
New York Life

Post by ThaMexican »

Midtown

There are plenty of apartments there. Also there are 2 building selling condos from the low 90's at 36th St and Wyndotte I believe. That is  not that expensive and I think is very affordable. As a first house even If it is not super luxury better than renting.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

there are sub 100k condos popping up along warwick at 41st in a clean seemingly well kept (maybe renovated? definitely has had work done lately) garden apartment, as well as at 43rd in a renovated 'enclosed balcony' collonade...seems like a somewhat sloppy job, though, judging from the sloppy exterior beige! paint trimmings and broken glass laying about all summer...

at oak and cleaver east of the plaza whitehall 1920s 'tower' is going condo. the apartments had tall ceilings if i remember correctly, lending a spacious feel. around 100k i think.