523 Grand

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
sethyg
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

523 Grand

Post by sethyg »

I don't have all of the information yet, but at first glance prices will range from $140 - $300s.  I'll list all the amenities and what-not when I receive them.
tella100
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: 523 Grand

Post by tella100 »

Any info on 523 Grand?
sethyg
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by sethyg »

I don't have the list after all... at least not electronically.  They're supposed to be making a website at 523grand.com, but that's not live yet, either.  They ARE showing the lofts to people, I know that, as my loft has been gone through a few times now.  I'm not even sure who to call, but Reece & Nichols seem to be running the show.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

There are a few units on the MLS now.  There will be 28 units total.  Prices from $149k to $359k.
sethyg
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by sethyg »

KCLofts wrote: There are a few units on the MLS now.  There will be 28 units total.  Prices from $149k to $359k.
Got links?
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

sethyg wrote: Got links?
Go to reeceandnichols.com.  On home page search area, enter 523 for street number and Grand for street name.
sethyg
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by sethyg »

KCLofts wrote: Go to reeceandnichols.com.  On home page search area, enter 523 for street number and Grand for street name.
Here's a link to the listings: http://www.shrunklink.com?blz
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

KCLofts wrote: Go to reeceandnichols.com.  On home page search area, enter 523 for street number and Grand for street name.
better yet...go to www.remax-kc.com....a new search program...very user friendly
sethyg
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by sethyg »

Web site is up and running: http://www.523grand.com/
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

sethyg wrote: Web site is up and running: http://www.523grand.com/
thats a cool website
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

I took at look at these yesterday.  Very nice.

If that tower gets built on Grand, expect the view from this building to be blocked substantially, but the view would still be great.  Decent prices, too.  It's in a less-dense part of the Market--within a stones throw of Harry's--but still a great spot.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
tella100
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tella100 »

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I am very intersted in this property and am curious about what proposed building you were referring to?  Obviously that would be a huge concern, any chance that the historic status of 523 Grand would prevent a high rise from being built next to it?

Also, I would love to hear from anyone who lived/lives in 523 Grand as a tenent. How noisey is the place, thoughts on the immediate neighborhood etc. I have already heard from people who have said the elevator is way slow, as well as the  door for the underground garage.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

It's to be called Wellington Place and would be between 7th and 8th on both sides of Grand (where Anthony's is today).  This is inside the loop and not right next to 523.  Apparently the "developer" already owns the land, which give some chance to this actually happening.  But there are many more things that would have to happen.  It's by no means a go yet.

Here's the thread on this building:  http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/newforum/h ... 32#p138532
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
sethyg
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by sethyg »

tella100 wrote: Longtime lurker, first time poster. I am very intersted in this property and am curious about what proposed building you were referring to?  Obviously that would be a huge concern, any chance that the historic status of 523 Grand would prevent a high rise from being built next to it?

Also, I would love to hear from anyone who lived/lives in 523 Grand as a tenent. How noisey is the place, thoughts on the immediate neighborhood etc. I have already heard from people who have said the elevator is way slow, as well as the  door for the underground garage.
I lived in 523 for the past year and I loved it.  Yeah, the elevator and garage door is slow, but that was about the most of the annoyances I could ever find (aside from some crazy bird that built a nest under a loud street light and decided to fly around chirpping throughout the night).  The building is great, hands down.  The neighborhood is safe seeming, but during the last few months there, I noticed broken windshield glass on the streets quite often.

I would've purchased a unit, but they were way too expensive for what they were plus there were no real amenities, at least not compared to over for sale lofts/condos.
tella100
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tella100 »

Thanks for the input.  No amenties is rough, but they seem to be a pretty good value for the money, but maybe im trying to talk myself into one !  :D

As of right now, I can not find a building with better views for the money (esp in the River Market area).  You said they are too exspensive for the what they are, do you mean they way they look now?  I agree they need lots of work ($$) but from what I can tell most of the units in that price level (150-200) need money to finish them out (Riverbend, Coffee Lofts, 700 Broadway).

BTW, what unit were you? (Corner or inbetween two others units? Did you find them to be noisey? Thats my bigest concern with buying a conversion unit.
sethyg
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by sethyg »

tella100 wrote: Thanks for the input.  No amenties is rough, but they seem to be a pretty good value for the money, but maybe im trying to talk myself into one !  :D

As of right now, I can not find a building with better views for the money (esp in the River Market area).  You said they are too exspensive for the what they are, do you mean they way they look now?  I agree they need lots of work ($$) but from what I can tell most of the units in that price level (150-200) need money to finish them out (Riverbend, Coffee Lofts, 700 Broadway).

BTW, what unit were you? (Corner or inbetween two others units? Did you find them to be noisey? Thats my bigest concern with buying a conversion unit.
I was in a corner unit, 4E.  I was next to a business and then half-way through my lease, the other neighbor was gone.  So there was no noise at night at all.  Even when the one neighbor was there, it was relatively quiet.

Square footage-wise, yes, the prices are competitive.  But I like my places raw and unfinished (unfinished as in concrete floors, white walls, etc... not like the finished units downstairs).  And the peeps at 523 were telling me that the prices were for the spaces "as is," which I thought was a bit much.  Add that to the fact of a slow elevator (that I hardly used because it took forever) and no workout room, no common room, no storage, etc..., it just wasn't vibing for me.

That doesn't mean they're not good for others.  Just my opinion.
tella100
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tella100 »

Thanks for the quick replies! This forum has been very helpful the last few months.

Yes the lack of storage is a real bummer, but I can live without a common room (I have always wondered , does anyone ever use those?)

I think they have lots of potential, but would require serious $$ to get them looking like something at Bridgeworks or 5 Delaware (which I like alot).  With that said, even as is" I think the views on the southside are just awesome, maybe I'm putting too much value into that?
sethyg
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by sethyg »

tella100 wrote: Thanks for the quick replies! This forum has been very helpful the last few months.

Yes the lack of storage is a real bummer, but I can live without a common room (I have always wondered , does anyone ever use those?)

I think they have lots of potential, but would require serious $$ to get them looking like something at Bridgeworks or 5 Delaware (which I like alot).  With that said, even as is" I think the views on the southside are just awesome, maybe I'm putting too much value into that?
Yeah, you gotta weigh what it would take to make them what you're wanting as opposed to what they're offering "as is."  No storage sucks.  No work out room sucks.  A hot tub and/or pool would be nice... especially when you're buying a loft.  Otherwise you're going to have to go elsewhere and get memberships on top of your mortgage.

You're right, though, the views are fantastic and stumbling home from Harry's is very nice. ;)
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

tella100,

you should also look into firstandmainlofts.com

IT's from the same developer that did i believe 5 delaware.  It's suppoused to be very upscale, however the timetable might not work out for you. 
tella100
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tella100 »

Thanks, I will take a look at that project again.  I have been by the building, of course there is not much there now, but yea the timetable is rough, although it shouldnt be as I have been waiting for at least 2 years already.