Missouri Priority Projects

Transportation topics in KC
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Since the TEA-21 Money has been approved, here is the list of Missouri Priority Projects:

http://www.modot.state.mo.us/pdf/about/ ... ojects.pdf

The rebuilding and widening of I-70 from 435 to 470 is a high priority as it should be and the rebuilding of the east loop to accomodate a future companion paseo bridge.

I-70 is busiest between 470 and 435 especially during the day and weekends. A fourth lane and all new interchanges in this area will do wonders for the entire I-70 corridor. The stretch bewteen 435 and the loop has been repaired and will last several more years and doesn't need to be widended as bad as the stretch through Indy. The stretch between 470 and 7 is getting completely rebuilt right now and it's a high priority to widen 70 to six lanes to Odessa, again, as it should be.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Sounds like this doesn't include straightening the Benton and Jackson curves? Doing that would be better than adding a fourth lane. Otherwise it will just be funneling more traffic into the same bottleneck.

What about adding a third (or fourth) lane under I-435? That is the other big bottleneck that funks up the whole flow. Looks to me like there is enough room just be squeezing in between the bridge piers and using the shoulders for about 1/2 a mile.