Federal Building

KCDevin

Federal Building

Post by KCDevin »

I just heard on the news that the federal building now has a reflecting pool! heh we have our eternal flame (liberty memorial), washington monument (liberty memorial), our reflecting pool, what next? ;)
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Federal Building

Post by SonicBoi »

Kinda. It's at the other end of Illus Davis Park, near City Hall.

See:Image
(Sorry, Time Worner Cable users)
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
kcteen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Federal Building

Post by kcteen »

Sonicboi: I have time warner and can see your pic just fine. :wink:
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Federal Building

Post by SonicBoi »

Hmmm... That's odd. No one I have talked to can... Oh well, it's good news. :D Thanks!
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
KCDevin

Federal Building

Post by KCDevin »

lolol
i was thinking it shoulda been put there, i thought it was put by the federal building oh well! ;)
that would make an awsome photo (of city hall and it reflecting off the pool)
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Federal Building

Post by dangerboy »

I haven't seen it myself, but according to the Star there is a reflecting pool in front of the north entrance on 12th St. It's part of a $200 million, 10-year renovation of the building, making it one of the biggest Downtown projects currently underway. Interesting that this building is so huge - 1.2 million square feet, versions 760,000 in 1KC. Also, the General Services Administration (the building's federal owner) has decided to join the downtown community improvement district, even though as a government agency it is exempt.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 421503.htm
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Federal Building

Post by tat2kc »

Are they doing any changes to the exterior of the building, besidees the new entrances and such?
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Federal Building

Post by SonicBoi »

SonicBoi
KCDevin

Federal Building

Post by KCDevin »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
1.2 Million Square feet? i knew it was huge but not that huge! dang!

Yay they mentioned 1KCP as the tallest in missouri

Measured by square footage, the 1.2 million square foot structure is the largest building in Downtown Kansas City, Mo.
- By comparison, the 42-story One Kansas City Place, Missouri's tallest building, only has 760,00 square feet.