Re: OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Post by SingleMalt12 »

Always look for park n go coupons.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Is the dropoff/pickup for off-airport parking like Park-n-Go on the upper or lower level? I can't tell from the diagram on flykci.com. Thanks.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

I generally use Park Air Express valet-type service. They offer 1 day free for 2-Day minimum stay. Shuttle could be slow at the old terminals, haven't yet tried it at the new one. Maybe I'll try Park n Go, seems cheaper.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Arrived last night and husband was going to pick me up, but I took one look at the arrivals line and hopped on the free RideKC bus to Boardwalk Square (about 15 minutes away on the 229). There’s free parking at that transit center so easy for people to wait for you there.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

missingkc wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:39 pm Is the dropoff/pickup for off-airport parking like Park-n-Go on the upper or lower level? I can't tell from the diagram on flykci.com. Thanks.
Arrivals. Go across to terminal and upstairs for departure
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Thanks. Elderly sister is flying out. Because of all the early complaints about access she's concerned about what the experience will be. Just trying to get her as much info as possible to prevent confusion and problems.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

Just done my first round trip.

Half an hour to get through security on the way in, and another 30 mins getting out of economy parking on the way out in a ridiculously long line. Even TSA looked rammed.

I got out of STL instantly.

Pretty poor to be honest. It's got all the fancy ornaments hanging from the ceilings and the shiney glass windows but the basic stuff is a chore of an experience and deters me from wanting to use the airport.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

The learning process is still ongoing for the new terminal and likely will hit a peak over the summer. I'm confident we'll see people knowing what to do some the fall. So many people have yet to experience the new terminal that problems with cars stopping wherever for long periods of time is the norm.
horizons82
New York Life
New York Life

Post by horizons82 »

Not to sound like the local media, but basic cleaning at the airport needs a lot of work. The bathrooms in particular have been pretty gross the last few times I’ve flown. Towels all over the ground, dirty mirrors, broken sinks, and 1/2 of the bathroom closed with seemingly no staff working on cleaning it.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Rusty Irish wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:22 pm Just done my first round trip.

Half an hour to get through security on the way in, and another 30 mins getting out of economy parking on the way out in a ridiculously long line. Even TSA looked rammed.
Not following where you are running all this from and to? 30 minutes just in security? 30 minutes from economy line to our of the lot?
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

I imagine we're still going to run into the limits of low staffing levels this summer, even with the new terminal. I would hazard a guess that accounts for many of the issues people are experiencing.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I saw a marked improvement in cleaning my last trip over that first week. Can tell they are getting their processes working better throughout. Landed Saturday and place looked great. Wasn't too busy but food service was still open despite only 3 departures left that day
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:51 am

Not following where you are running all this from and to? 30 minutes just in security? 30 minutes from economy line to our of the lot?
We stood in security lines for roughly 30 minutes on Thursday lunchtime to get into departures area.

Coming back last night after leaving economy parking we drove out down an exit road and got stuck in a queue of vehicles at the payment barriers/window to leave for half an hour again.

Staffing clearly looks like an issue from what I can see.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

Another thing is the signposting is poor. The amount of people who don't realise they are in the TSA line was quite drastic. If you are coming from the Southwest bag drop desks it's hard to tell the difference as there are "All Gates" signs above both TSA and regular security which can easily be misleading. People are only realising when they get near the front and the lone overworked staff member tells them they're in the wrong line.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Rusty Irish wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:25 pm

We stood in security lines for roughly 30 minutes on Thursday lunchtime to get into departures area.

Coming back last night after leaving economy parking we drove out down an exit road and got stuck in a queue of vehicles at the payment barriers/window to leave for half an hour again.

Wow never heard the security line bring anything but empty. I'd give you a protip to use the automated machine exit when you are leaving. Just have to pay by credit card but there is never anyone in line
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Rusty Irish wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:28 pm Another thing is the signposting is poor. The amount of people who don't realise they are in the TSA line was quite drastic. If you are coming from the Southwest bag drop desks it's hard to tell the difference as there are "All Gates" signs above both TSA and regular security which can easily be misleading. People are only realising when they get near the front and the lone overworked staff member tells them they're in the wrong line.
Seems the signage here is exactly how I see in every airport. Sometimes there is a front greeter to confirm eligibility but not always. Signs seem perfectly normal and fine. People are just not paying attention
bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

Parent gave the new airport a first spin last week, average KC traveler – gave thumbs up across the board, “everything was very convenient.” No issue getting to/finding Southwest gates, felt it was less walking than old terminal w/ checking baggage.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:46 pm

Wow never heard the security line bring anything but empty. I'd give you a protip to use the automated machine exit when you are leaving. Just have to pay by credit card but there is never anyone in line
Automated payment machines at parking aren't working according to staff at the window so they have to key numbers in of tickets. There's separate lines on the right hand side for those that were also coned off from what I could see in the pitch black.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

That sucks but also sounds like an anomaly not something that is a daily problem that is some sort of indication of really anything about the airport. Why not state that originally instead of trying to make it sound like a systematic airport problem?
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:46 pm

Not true. I have specifically mentioned it in this very thread that the security line is getting routinely extra long because of their refusal to open up additional screening points. I've seen it at nearly an hour long, along with an excessively long baggage drop line.