Bus stops in the p&L

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
butter_breath
New York Life
New York Life

Bus stops in the p&L

Post by butter_breath »

I noticed most places have dress code that prohibit the wearing of caps or jackets with repeating logo's on them but allow slightly torn jeans just as long as they are not too torn. The closest bus stop is what 2 blocks away? I always see the police on Grand, in front of the bus stop arresting someone. Is this normal or has this just started since the opening of the P&L
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Bus stops in the p&L

Post by NDTeve »

Long overdue. Bus Stops on Main and Prospect are notorious dope pushing hotspots. Wish they'd enforce there too. An undercover cop will go a long way.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Didn't Cordish get the city to move bus routes out of the P&L?
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

dangerboy wrote: Didn't Cordish get the city to move bus routes out of the P&L?
Based on his recent posts, BB's definition of the P&L District apparently includes the entire CBD (at least anything negative that happens in the CBD). 
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

I don't mind the increased police presence at 11th and Grand.
I do not like the rerouting of the 57 off of Walnut.
I am bored with the transit authority's inability to draw a straight line.
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

voltopt wrote: I don't mind the increased police presence at 11th and Grand.
seconded!
Coquette
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Coquette »

When waiting at 11th and Grand, I will usually opt to take a Plaza only Max rather than wait for the Waldo one. I would rather wait among the tulips and fountains, especially with my kids.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

butter_breath wrote: I noticed most places have dress code that prohibit the wearing of caps or jackets with repeating logo's on them but allow slightly torn jeans just as long as they are not too torn.
Ok, I must admit that I don't understand what this sentence has to do with this thread.  And, off topic: There's a dress code.  So, what?
butter_breath wrote: I always see the police on Grand, in front of the bus stop arresting someone.
True, 11th & Grand may not be the same as 13th & Grand in terms of safety.  But, I live downtown and I'm on Grand everyday.  I have yet to see anyone get arrested as I'm passing by.  So, I'm suprised that you "always" see someone getting arrested.  But, maybe you & I are not on Grand at the same times of day.  How often are you on Grand and what times of the day?  Maybe that makes a difference.

I, for one, am always scared to go outside my downtown apartment.  I'm looking for the first chance to move out of downtown because I hate living blocks from major attractions.  I hate living so close to a major enterainment area.  I mean, didn't Cordish know about all this crime before they built the P&L District?  If so, why would they want people to go there?

So, I think the safest thing anyone can do is not go downtown, not go to the P&L District, not drive on Grand.  We should all stay in the upper class suburban areas so we won't have to take the bus and we won't get shot.
KC is the way to be!
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

i can't believe this thread hasn't been deleted yet.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

DaveKCMO wrote: i can't believe this thread hasn't been deleted yet.
The moderators on this forum really suck.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCMax wrote: The moderators on this forum really suck.
Just like the Power & Light District.
KC is the way to be!
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

AllThingsKC wrote: Just like the Power & Light District.
And that crack they sell at 11th and Grand by the bus stop.
butter_breath
New York Life
New York Life

Post by butter_breath »

The dress code was a concern because my wife is trying to organize a multi class reunion in a few upcoming weekend. She graduated from the Hickman school district and a lot of people have expressed concerned about the dress code. Most have been telling her they will just hang out under the tented area if the places won't let them in. At least they can smoke some cigars out there, I guess we spied some ash trays on the tables. I know it will evolve about 500 people between the ages of 23 to 28.
The bulk of the group thinks it would be cool to do a 5 minute freeze kind of thing.

It seems like every weekend there is a police van on 11th and grand with someone in hand cuffs.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

butter_breath wrote: It seems like every weekend there is a police van on 11th and grand with someone in hand cuffs.
are you seeing something i'm not?  my living room window looks down on 11th and grand and i've never seen a police van there in the last 4 months.
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCTigerFan »

Why would anyone at a class reunion worry about a dress code?  I too graduated from the Hickman Mills School District and no one at my class reunion would have had any problem meeting any dress code.  Don't most people dress up at least a little for their reunion. 
At least to impress the ex?  &&&
butter_breath wrote: The dress code was a concern because my wife is trying to organize a multi class reunion in a few upcoming weekend. She graduated from the Hickman school district and a lot of people have expressed concerned about the dress code. Most have been telling her they will just hang out under the tented area if the places won't let them in. At least they can smoke some cigars out there, I guess we spied some ash trays on the tables. I know it will evolve about 500 people between the ages of 23 to 28.
The bulk of the group thinks it would be cool to do a 5 minute freeze kind of thing.

It seems like every weekend there is a police van on 11th and grand with someone in hand cuffs.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I thought they enforced the dress code at the entrances to the district, not at the bars.
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

I think it is just into the live area, those establishments that open up into the Live area, and those which have their own dress code.
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCLover »

Although I have never seen anyone arrested I have noticed the thugs hanginging out at 11th and Grand have diminished somewhat. I was by there repeatedly Saturday & Saturday night and that corner seemed dead compared to what i'm used to seeing. Is this what everyone else is noticing too?