How easy can the Sprint Center be expanded?

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: How easy can the Sprint Center be expanded?

Post by kcmetro »

CyDanny wrote: They may have to hand out umbrellas to the people sitting in those seats or they'll be soaked by the fountains, but that could be part of the mystique of the outfield seats.
In order for women to sit there, they should mandate that they wear white t-shirts.  :P
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

CyDanny wrote: So you think we should scale the K down to 13K seats or whatever the average has been lately, then?  I suppose it depends on the team, but Kansas City has been willing to fill up the stadium when the team is good, even if that was 20 years ago.

The whole seating issue is more due to the changes happening to the field.  The trend in baseball stadiums now is to go with on-field bullpens, so they had to do something with the current bullpen area in the outfield.  I would rather see it turned into seats anyways than more grassy knoll.  They may have to hand out umbrellas to the people sitting in those seats or they'll be soaked by the fountains, but that could be part of the mystique of the outfield seats.
By the way the Royals average has not been below 17,000 for a long time..(I can't find records for attendance before 1984).
WinchesterMysteryHouse
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by WinchesterMysteryHouse »

If you don't vote for the Sprint Center expansion tax to fund a second Sprint Center floating atop the original's airspace, Kansas City will never host the Super Bowl, and Kansas City will go to hell. 
CyDanny
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by CyDanny »

kcmetro wrote: In order for women to sit there, they should mandate that they wear white t-shirts.  :P
I wouldn't object.
CyDanny
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by CyDanny »

KansasCityCraka wrote: By the way the Royals average has not been below 17,000 for a long time..(I can't find records for attendance before 1984).
Regardless of what the average attendance is, I don't know why one would want to drastically reduce the number of seats at Kauffman.

1. There's no practical way to do it
2. There is no need to reduce the number of seats because of some eyesore (a la the hideousness of the Marlins' and A's stadiums)
3. THEY WILL SELL OUT EVERY GAME THIS YEAR!!!
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Maitre D wrote: So you would like to expand seating....for only 1 game?

Why not just raise the price of Opening Day, ifyou want more revenue?
they do you blowhard. if you actually paid any attention to anything they do at kauffman save using your daddy's season tickets, you would know that opening day and cardinals games have an upcharge.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

CyDanny wrote: Regardless of what the average attendance is, I don't know why one would want to drastically reduce the number of seats at Kauffman.

1. There's no practical way to do it
2. There is no need to reduce the number of seats because of some eyesore (a la the hideousness of the Marlins' and A's stadiums)
3. THEY WILL SELL OUT EVERY GAME THIS YEAR!!!
hmmm well considering game 2 will only be half full I can guarantee you that the last statement is false.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KansasCityCraka wrote: hmmm well considering game 2 will only be half full I can guarantee you that the last statement is false.

hmmmmm  doubt that. redsox, dice k, or even just the sox, will draw well. guranteed, game 2 draws 22k plus this year. the royals will have one of their best ever opening 3 game attendance numbers thanks to dice k and the sawks.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Game two will have strong attendance, baring weather of course. Game three is a day game so It will probably be below 20k. Shame too, because that will be the reemergence of Zack and the premier of the the new Japanese's kid. Should be a real pitchers duel.

I need to find a bar in St.Charles to watch it at. I'm guessing Amerisports!