Lack of Downtown Police Protection?

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: Lack of Downtown Police Protection?

Post by voltopt »

i ignore them most of the time.  i also never carry cash, so if i decide to aknowledge a beggar, i'll just tell him no change. 

from my office i watch people walk across walnut street bridge over north loop I-70 and in the past three weeks have noticed the same four guys walk across and see them later at broadway and 5th/independence avenue or elsewhere, asking for money.

by the same token, i see the same young urbanites walking to and from work every day, so i guess its kind of the same thing.
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

some counterfeit or monopoly money would be fun too. Give them a $10,000 bill.

What could they do?
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Thaine »

A few years back there was an aggressive panhandler at that gas/smokes station at about 37th and Main West side.  He asked a psychotic person for some change and the dude hit him so hard he killed him. 

Of course nobody deserves to be killed over something like that, but I'm just sayin'. :)

Sorry can get back on track now.
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

Welcome to 1977.
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

When I see the "shifters" standing at Rivergate or underneath Bartle, I get this irrational rage and want to toss them over the bridge.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin