415 Oak Street

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
Bridgeworks311
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

415 Oak Street

Post by Bridgeworks311 »

This is an abandoned building north of Le Fou Frog that Zimmer Real Estate now has a sign on to remodel for retail...it's actually a really nicely-done building when you stop at look at it.  The engraving on it says it was built in 1922...

http://www.zimmercos.com/pdfs/retail/41 ... Street.pdf

Also, has anyone heard anything about the Pisciotta property located south across the street from 523 Grand?  The real estate agent for 523 Grand told a friend of mine it was going to be demolished for a drive-through bank.  But no one seems to know "which" bank.
sethyg
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: 415 Oak Street

Post by sethyg »

The building North of the Frog has been up for sale for a while now, I believe.  Haven't heard any movement on that ever.

As for the Piscotta building, the big rumor on that is that it's to become a grocery store within the next four years... but again, that was just a rumor.  The bank story is a new one.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

That building has just recently been rehabbed.  It was in pretty bad shape before.  The front wall is still pretty wavy, but it should hold up.  It's a nice big open space inside.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

I heard the Pisciotta building was to become an extension of Bridgeworks?
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

the building on oak used to be a horse stable... there was this big ramp in on the side that led up to a second story stable.  i'm pretty sure they ripped it out a couple years ago when they began the rehab.
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

For being built in 1922, it looks great!!  It should look really nice when it re-opens.
KC is the way to be!