Marijuana

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
Stockton
Colonnade
Colonnade

Marijuana

Post by Stockton »

Smoking marijuana seems to make a person more laid back or cool and bring out their personality and what is on their mind.

Does smoking marijuana foster a more laid-back, cool personality, or does it simply bring out the smoker's naturally laid-back personality. Obviously, smoking marijuana in the first place is the product of a naturally liberalish personality.

What happens when republicans/conservatives smoke marijuana?  :lol:
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Marijuana

Post by kcdcchef »

Stockton wrote:

What happens when republicans/conservatives smoke marijuana?  :lol:
they lie about it, say they never do it, criticize others who do, and mock them for doing the same thing.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Stockton
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Stockton »

I started smoking weed about 6 months ago, usually blunts, usually in doses of 1 blunt shared between 2-3 people.

It seems to really have made me more laid back and cool, even more graceful. It has made me more conscious of my thoughts and of who I am, more open-minded, and more appreciative of the good-side of people and things around me.

I live in what I'd perfectly describe as the "suburban ghetto". Mid-century suburban development centered around 59th and Parallel in KCK. Mixture of blacks and whites, everybody seems to smoke weed, weed can be bought anywhere, cars get stolen often, occasional violence.

I used to hate it here. But since I've started smoking weed and become more conscious of my surroundings I've come to appreciate it. It's like I'm enjoying my time here to observe the culture of everything surrounding me, even though it isn't my ideal setting. Well, except for the liberal attitude toward weed.

Also, smoking seems to really be helping my social anxiety and any ADD I may have. It helps me focus in on one thing and keep interest.

Anybody know of any good, unbiased reading material on marijuana?
Gladstoner
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Gladstoner »

Stockton wrote: I live in what I'd perfectly describe as the "suburban ghetto". Mid-century suburban development centered around 59th and Parallel in KCK. Mixture of blacks and whites, everybody seems to smoke weed, weed can be bought anywhere, cars get stolen often, occasional violence.

I used to hate it here. But since I've started smoking weed and become more conscious of my surroundings I've come to appreciate it. It's like I'm enjoying my time here to observe the culture of everything surrounding me, even though it isn't my ideal setting. Well, except for the liberal attitude toward weed.
Apparently they also have a liberal attitude toward stealing cars and occasional violence.  :)
A fool and your money are soon united.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

I smoke about 10-15 times a year and find it very liberating...I choose to only smoke in comfortable environments and actually look forward to smoking, then find it rewarding when I do smoke. some of my Friends smoke everyday...some don't smoke at all. when I find out that someone smokes I usually consider it a plus for the person.

8)
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

http://www.dailytidings.com/2006/0802/s ... obbery.php
August 2, 2006
Four arrested in medical marijuana robbery face judge today
By Alan Panebaker
Ashland Daily Tidings

Four men who police arrested Tuesday night in Medford on robbery and burglary charges will face a judge in the Jackson County Circuit Court at 1:30 p.m. today.

Detectives from the Medford Police Department and the Jackson County Sheriff's Department assisted Talent Police Department officers in arresting Traisean Ray Wallace, 21; George Dewey Crawford, 21; Tyrell Charles Abram, 20, and Travis Billy Cox, 20, in the 1000 block of Spring Street in Medford. Each is lodged in the Jackson County Jail on $1,020,000 bail.

Talent Police Chief Bob Rector called the arrests a success and said police recovered marijuana and cash that had been allegedly stolen from a Talent residence at about 11:20 p.m. Sunday. Bree Santos and Mike Kennedy, the residents who were robbed, said the thieves stole $400 and the flowers from six mature marijuana plants. Kennedy and Santos are both medical marijuana patients.

Rector said at least two and maybe three of the individuals arrested are from California, but he was unsure of where exactly and why they were in Southern Oregon. The Talent Police Department had been taking the investigative lead in the case. After following a marginal lead, officers ended up on a gold mine Tuesday, Rector said.

"We worked a lead based on our investigation," Rector said. "We visited this residence in Medford where we thought they might be, and we found them. Medford PD was an awesome help."

The Talent Police chief said the marijuana that was seized during the arrests is being held as evidence along with the money.

During the Sunday night burglary, Santos and Kennedy said they were watching a movie with three friends when four men came into their home. Three of them were wearing nylon stockings on their heads as disguises, and one of the men, without a stocking, wielded a gun, Kennedy and Santos said.

The men are currently being held on charges of robbery in the second-degree and burglary in the first degree. A district attorney may add further charges, according to the Talent Police Department.

Santos and Kennedy, who grow marijuana for personal medication and donate it to other medical marijuana patients, were not available for comment this morning. In a Monday interview, they said they were planning to contact their landlord and move out of their home on Talent Avenue because they did not feel safe. Santos had said a number of people knew about the plants she was growing, which were about three weeks away from being harvested, and that may have played a part in the robbery.

Rector said the synergy between local law enforcement agencies turned a sketchy lead into a jackpot.

"It was a great success," Rector said.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Does the old saying about one joint equalling six cigarettes still apply? Because we've all come across those people who smoke weed everyday almost nonstop.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

Are we really disucssing this?

Sounds like some amazing placebo effects as a result of dramatically altering your body chemistry.  Personally, I think one should strive to make these changes themselves and not pretend like some magic drug is going to make them for them.  It is a sign of weak character when one consistently turns to a substance to do what they don't try to do for themselves, whether that be achieve happiness, be "cool" or actively observe the world around them.

You know all of those car break-ins and other problems?  I wonder if the strong drug trade and addiction has anything to do with that?  Last time I checked, Wal-Mart wasn't selling pot.  There is still a very dark supply chain behind the drug, with gangs and organized crime pushing it into neighborhoods like this.  Partaking supports the machine.  When others are addicted, they'll get desperate.

I don't see marijuana as some magical positive thing for society.  It is destructive, but most vices are.  I've heard many a pothead claim that it makes them better and this or that, but the truth is that those are just excuses for using something that makes one feel good.

I think the whole war on drugs is pretty much rubbish and if people want to use this stuff, so be it.  Part of the reason it is so destructive it because it is illegal.  Still, I'll never think it is "cool" to partake and I would wish that those who felt the need to smoke could dig deeper and solve their own problems.
KCrules
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCrules »

Hey Staubio....get off your high horse and quit trying to sound so "lawful". Obviously you have never taken the time to kick back with friends and enjoy a couple puffs. Maybe you should.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

KCrules wrote: Hey Staubio....get off your high horse and quit trying to sound so "lawful". Obviously you have never taken the time to kick back with friends and enjoy a couple puffs. Maybe you should.
No, because I don't need a destructive substance to enjoy time with my friends.  Notice that I wasn't being "lawful" at all.  I said that I don't think it should be illegal.  My objections go far beyond that.  If you choose to ignore the reality of it, that is fine -- I hope it is worth it for you.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

staubio wrote: I think the whole war on drugs is pretty much rubbish and if people want to use this stuff, so be it.  Part of the reason it is so destructive it because it is illegal.  Still, I'll never think it is "cool" to partake and I would wish that those who felt the need to smoke could dig deeper and solve their own problems.

there you go. personally i am annoyed by people who smoke a whole lot of weed, and whos lives are dominated by the purchase and use of this substance which should be legal. 
KCrules
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCrules »

Some people drink, some smoke, and some just drink pepsi.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I am appalled at the use of illegal narcotics being discussed here. Marijuana has been proven to make people jump out of windows and kill themselves.

If you're going to mess yourself up, at least use a legal intoxicant, like alcohol. No one has EVER died from alcohol use.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote:   No one has EVER died from alcohol use.
i am assuming sarcasm here.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

KCMax wrote: I am appalled at the use of illegal narcotics being discussed here. Marijuana has been proven to make people jump out of windows and kill themselves.

If you're going to mess yourself up, at least use a legal intoxicant, like alcohol. No one has EVER died from alcohol use.
I see what you are saying here but you are oversimplifying it.  When someone sits at home and drinks alcohol, they are pretty much only supporting a big corporate machine that brings that product to them.  Not so with illegal drugs, where a infrastructure of gangs and crime bring you your party favors.  As long as it is illegal, you are doing a very irresponsible thing by partaking -- and not because it is illegal but as a result.

Also note that I'm not saying alcohol is any better.  If someone relies upon alcohol to do something they can't do for themselves, I'd see that as a problem as well.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I drink beer because I like its flavor.

I'm not much of one for smoking weed(haven't done it in years), but I see no compelling reason why it should be illegal.
kc-vino
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by kc-vino »

staubio wrote: Are we really disucssing this?

Sounds like some amazing placebo effects as a result of dramatically altering your body chemistry.  Personally, I think one should strive to make these changes themselves and not pretend like some magic drug is going to make them for them.  It is a sign of weak character when one consistently turns to a substance to do what they don't try to do for themselves, whether that be achieve happiness, be "cool" or actively observe the world around them.

You know all of those car break-ins and other problems?  I wonder if the strong drug trade and addiction has anything to do with that?  Last time I checked, Wal-Mart wasn't selling pot.  There is still a very dark supply chain behind the drug, with gangs and organized crime pushing it into neighborhoods like this.  Partaking supports the machine.  When others are addicted, they'll get desperate.

I don't see marijuana as some magical positive thing for society.  It is destructive, but most vices are.  I've heard many a pothead claim that it makes them better and this or that, but the truth is that those are just excuses for using something that makes one feel good.

I think the whole war on drugs is pretty much rubbish and if people want to use this stuff, so be it.  Part of the reason it is so destructive it because it is illegal.  Still, I'll never think it is "cool" to partake and I would wish that those who felt the need to smoke could dig deeper and solve their own problems.
This is a tab bit biased and closed minded.  Staubio your taking the position that our government has installed in our mind.  That it is first and for most destructive.  This is Pres Nixon bull shit.  Their are tons of benefits to the substance and disadvantages to it if done in excess or in improper situations.  And we cannot even start to address the crime involved with mary jane when we are not open to decriminalizing the stuff.  This whole middle man/pusher man would be cut out and if people in government were half way progressive they would tax the hell out of it (make tons of money) and move the money made from it into public education.

And in response to "does it bring out the laid back in people" hell yes it does!  It also brings out lazy elements which aren't healthy but does TV not do the same thing or video games, or taking alka seltzer every night to knock one out to go to sleep.  But their are many communal advantages to it.  Ever genuinely laughed with 6 people in a room for 7 minutes straight until your side hurts and/or listened to music on it????? You'll hear sounds you didn't even knew existed on a track
Put your money where your mouth is...live downtown.  Get out of the car and walk, shop, and play in the city.  Don't bring a suburban attitude/lifestyle to the city, rather be apart of changing the urban fabric for the better.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Not so with illegal drugs, where a infrastructure of gangs and crime bring you your party favors.  As long as it is illegal, you are doing a very irresponsible thing by partaking -- and not because it is illegal but as a result.
Just because something is illegal does not mean that you have to get it from organized crime/gangs. Do believe everything you see on TV?
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

Just make it all legal and tax it! You will never stop people from trying to escape from reality by using drugs, its a losing cause.
Put a tax on the drugs, sell them in stores where kids won't have access to them.
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!