Marijuana

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Marijuana

Post by Tosspot »

KCKev wrote: Kava Kava.... Greatest stress relief I have ever found..... But alas, The wise Government has decide that 400 times the dosage in rats causes liver damage, so Pull it from the market....

I'm sure someone like Upjohn makes a pill to replace it.

Stress Kills! People Kill.. Living kills... where does it stop?

Answer... Death
I noticed I couldn't find Kava anywhere. I'm stuck with relaxing with herbal decaff teas in the evening now.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
riebschlager
New York Life
New York Life

Post by riebschlager »

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

riebschlager wrote: Image
That would have to be a hell of a big bong to fit that guy in the bowl. 
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

riebschlager wrote: Image
I kinda imagine them sitting there not noticing a think, munching on hot leaves, until their internal temperature ignites the oil and they explode.
Last edited by staubio on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beccanator
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by beccanator »

Yep, eh, my name's beccanator, I'm here with the grammar police.

staubio wrote: I kinda imagine them sitting their not noticing a think, munching on hot leaves, until their internal temperature ignites the oil and they explode.
I'm sorry, sir, but I'm going to have to fine you for that. One twenty-pound bag of eucalyptus leaves. And don't even try to bribe me with flaming koalas!
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

Holy crap.  Such a horrible common error, too.  I was obviously preoccupied or not paying attention.  I'm a fraud -- I even called someone's usage errors out previously.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

staubio wrote: Holy crap.  Such a horrible common error, too.  I was obviously preoccupied or not paying attention.  I'm a fraud -- I even called someone's usage errors out previously.
Your mind was obviously clouded by Koala Oil. 
kc-vino
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by kc-vino »

Here is something to consider!?!?!?  If we could get every KCskyscraper member together for a kegger......or......for a huge bong party which would be better.  My prediction (half joking) if we drank their would be fist fights between member and with the opposite (pot) we would have the development ideas flowing like crazy

None the less a strange scenario
Put your money where your mouth is...live downtown.  Get out of the car and walk, shop, and play in the city.  Don't bring a suburban attitude/lifestyle to the city, rather be apart of changing the urban fabric for the better.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

staubio wrote: Holy crap.  Such a horrible common error, too.  I was obviously preoccupied or not paying attention.  I'm a fraud -- I even called someone's usage errors out previously.
many, many, MANY times you have.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
riebschlager
New York Life
New York Life

Post by riebschlager »

OR we could just spend an entire night photoshopping koalas on fire. 
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

kcdcchef wrote: many, many, MANY times you have.
Since you are so offended by it, why don't you go ahead and list them all out so I can apologize for each one.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

kc-vino wrote: Here is something to consider!?!?!?  If we could get every KCskyscraper member together for a kegger......or......for a huge bong party which would be better.  My prediction (half joking) if we drank their would be fist fights between member and with the opposite (pot) we would have the development ideas flowing like crazy

None the less a strange scenario
While it isn't really relevant to the debate at hand, as I don't aim to compare anything and have minimally addressed the actual physiological impact of usage, I doubt either session would be too productive.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Yeah, we could wear name tags with our screen names on them. The only problem is it would be one big sausage fest, which wouldn't be much fun. Plus, I'm guessing that KCDevin guy that I've heard so much about would show up and shoot us all.
kc-vino
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by kc-vino »

Should we all meet under a willow tree by the playground?  The ultimate place to have this scrap/party blow out would be Penn Valley Park?  What about Oppenstein?
Put your money where your mouth is...live downtown.  Get out of the car and walk, shop, and play in the city.  Don't bring a suburban attitude/lifestyle to the city, rather be apart of changing the urban fabric for the better.
beccanator
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by beccanator »

Can't say that I would complain about the male-female ratio on this forum....  :D
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

kc-vino wrote: Should we all meet under a willow tree by the playground?  The ultimate place to have this scrap/party blow out would be Penn Valley Park?  What about Oppenstein?
i tried to do a forum tailgate at opening day, and i got one hell of a response in my inbox via private message, but the amount of "i won't go if so and so is there" and "you have to ban so and so from going you know chef" was overwhelming.

sheez. i spar with a whole gaggle of posters on here based on my beliefs. does not mean i could not hang out with them in person though. goddamn people.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
DowntownBryan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by DowntownBryan »

I'm surprised this hasn't gone to the dumpster. We have multiple people admitting to using an illegal drug, and we all know that Michael can search your IP address and instantly know your street address, legal name, and social security number.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

DowntownBryan wrote: I'm surprised this hasn't gone to the dumpster. We have multiple people admitting to using an illegal drug, and we all know that Michael can search your IP address and instantly know your street address, legal name, and social security number.
I'm sure the cops wouldn't be too concerned about a bunch of skyscraper nerds who may use marijuana on occasion. There's bigger fish in the sea to catch.
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

DowntownBryan wrote: I'm surprised this hasn't gone to the dumpster. We have multiple people admitting to using an illegal drug, and we all know that Michael can search your IP address and instantly know your street address, legal name, and social security number.
Oh No... Guess I wont mention my stockpile of Kava Kava then..

Fear and terror.... Lay of the fox news... I know I have nothing to hide and be fearful of.

I don't think you can commit a crime against yourself.. but I could be wrong in these times of ------------ (fill in the blank)
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

THC affects many people in many diffrent ways. I would say that with any drug, if you feel like you "need" it you should probably stop using it. Find happiness on you own, you don't need a crutch. On the otherhand, if you are stable and like to enhance things on occasion, go for it. This does not apply to pre-adults. Pot, booze and all other drugs do not have the same effect on your growing brain as it does on an adult, You can do far worse damage to youself as a teen than you can as an adult.

From the web: http://www.alternet.org/story/12069/
Nonetheless, says Dr. Iversen in an interview, "We know a whole lot more about THC now than we did 10 years ago." The most important discovery was of a special receptor in cells for THC, a kind of ready-made biological slot for exactly what marijuana has to deliver. This finding established that the drug was not just "dissolving in the membranes of brain cells in a nonspecific sort of way," says Iversen. "There's a very specific receptor protein."

The places in the body with THC receptors seem to correspond with the drug's effects, though not always. "One of the key areas in the [brain's] frontal cortex has a high density of [such] receptors," says Iversen, "and that may have something to do with impairment in what brain scientists call 'executive' functions -- short-term memory, learning, the ability to take in information, plan ahead, make complicated future arrangements. That ties in reasonably well with actual experience," he adds dryly.

On the other hand, there are also THC receptors in the white blood cells of our immune system, which do not seem to have anything to do with the experience of intoxication and whose function is "largely obscure," Iversen says.

There are no THC receptors in the brain stem, which controls critical functions like respiration, according to Dr. Mackie. That's partly why you never hear of someone fatally OD'ing on pot. "THC is not wired to be as harmful," Mackie says.