KCMO Downtown Streetcar

Transportation topics in KC
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: KCMO Downtown Streetcar

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

There is an open house on Mar 30th from 5-7pm at Drexel hall, 3301 Baltimore Ave if anyone is interested with finding out some more about the main street extension or if you’d like to speak with any of the contractors on the project. I’m planning on going.
FlippantCitizen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by FlippantCitizen »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:25 pm There is an open house on Mar 30th from 5-7pm at Drexel hall, 3301 Baltimore Ave if anyone is interested with finding out some more about the main street extension or if you’d like to speak with any of the contractors on the project. I’m planning on going.
I saw a tweet about that. I'm going to try to make it.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

FlippantCitizen wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:31 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:25 pm There is an open house on Mar 30th from 5-7pm at Drexel hall, 3301 Baltimore Ave if anyone is interested with finding out some more about the main street extension or if you’d like to speak with any of the contractors on the project. I’m planning on going.
Tweets mention updated renderings? Can someone snag photos?
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

normalthings wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:42 pm
FlippantCitizen wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:31 pm
Tweets mention updated renderings? Can someone snag photos?
I’ll get them
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

They are good at putting any meeting materials online too so I'm sure we will see digital versions on the site.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

February ridership stats released. Numbers are still trending upwards, so I’d say it’s a good sign. The real show will be the numbers for March for the events like Big 12 & NAIA.

earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

March will be an interesting indicator because with all the events lined up and leisure travel mostly recovered, the net difference should give some indication on missing downtown worker/biz travel impact, remote workers that is. Remote work and biz travel/conferences seem to be the last hurdles for downtown recovery.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Definitely seeing the stereotypical business traveler on the streets in the evening. Not to the level as to pre covid I'm sure. The hour by hour graph was a good indication showing the local office worker is still lagging downtown but march I've definitely seen more of them as well. Wish they would have published YoY versions of that graph
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:01 am Definitely seeing the stereotypical business traveler on the streets in the evening. Not to the level as to pre covid I'm sure. The hour by hour graph was a good indication showing the local office worker is still lagging downtown but march I've definitely seen more of them as well. Wish they would have published YoY versions of that graph
I’m sure they can put a graphic together of that data should someone reach out to them for it
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

^Yeah the hourly usage compared to previous years would be another good indicator too.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Had an individual get incredibly verbally combative earlier today at the streetcar stop for NB Kaufman Center stop. I had made eye contact with him and he asked wether I wanted to be jumped, or if I had murderers in my family, because he did. He proceeded to then mutter profanity to himself until the SC came by. I wouldn’t be as bothered by the issue had I not had my grandmother with me (who is hard of hearing and thought he was saying something to her). This is the second or third time in the past couple months that I’ve had an incident like this at a stop, thankfully never more than verbal. Concerning to say the least, as it hasn’t been an issue until recently it seems.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:48 pm Had an individual get incredibly verbally combative earlier today at the streetcar stop for NB Kaufman Center stop. I had made eye contact with him and he asked wether I wanted to be jumped, or if I had murderers in my family, because he did. He proceeded to then mutter profanity to himself until the SC came by. I wouldn’t be as bothered by the issue had I not had my grandmother with me (who is hard of hearing and thought he was saying something to her). This is the second or third time in the past couple months that I’ve had an incident like this at a stop, thankfully never more than verbal. Concerning to say the least, as it hasn’t been an issue until recently it seems.
Had at one point been pretty strict with no loitering and no riding the train all day long
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

normalthings wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:36 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:48 pm Had an individual get incredibly verbally combative earlier today at the streetcar stop for NB Kaufman Center stop. I had made eye contact with him and he asked wether I wanted to be jumped, or if I had murderers in my family, because he did. He proceeded to then mutter profanity to himself until the SC came by. I wouldn’t be as bothered by the issue had I not had my grandmother with me (who is hard of hearing and thought he was saying something to her). This is the second or third time in the past couple months that I’ve had an incident like this at a stop, thankfully never more than verbal. Concerning to say the least, as it hasn’t been an issue until recently it seems.
Had at one point been pretty strict with no loitering and no riding the train all day long
That was I remembered, the CID yellow shirts were at many stops and rode SC to help ensure behavior. I’ve seen that quite a bit less lately
Karambit25
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Karambit25 »

I hope the streetcar team is vigilant in keeping idiots and trouble-makers OFF of the SC.
All it will take is ONE murder to completely destroy all of the hard work and commitment.
We all know that these fools hang around SC stops because that's where they can cause trouble or beg with a waiting audience. There must be a no-tolerance policy in keeping vandals, thieves and homeless from loitering or causing any trouble.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Karambit25 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:15 pm I hope the streetcar team is vigilant in keeping idiots and trouble-makers OFF of the SC.
All it will take is ONE murder to completely destroy all of the hard work and commitment.
We all know that these fools hang around SC stops because that's where they can cause trouble or beg with a waiting audience. There must be a no-tolerance policy in keeping vandals, thieves and homeless from loitering or causing any trouble.
Agreed. One major incident and you can all but kiss any of the suburban ridership goodbye. Can you imagine the shit you’d hear from the people in Joco?
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

March ridership graphics released. Ridership still trending up, though obviously not where everyone wants it.

earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

^A pretty good March jump. I wonder how March events compared to 2019. If about the same, the difference would give an idea on the lag of downtown office worker return. And other factors I'm not thinking of.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Anyone planning on hitting the birthday tonight?
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

April...
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Comparing to April 2019, the weekends somewhat approached 2019 at times - seems to imply that City Market/Union Station weekend traffic getting closer to normal. Weekdays still a notable hit likely mostly due to remote/hybrid workers and perhaps still fewer weekday events.

April 2022...

April 2019...
Image'

And current April a bit closer to April 2018...
https://kcstreetcar.org/wp-content/uplo ... ership.pdf