Serious renovations north of the Plaza

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Serious renovations north of the Plaza

Post by Tosspot »

I took a walk from Westport when I got off work down to the Plaza for dinner and a little beer. Mind you now, most everything between Westport and the Plaza is either single family homes or crappy-looking 1960s apartment slums. But there's this one attractive grouping of apartments just north of the intersection of 46th and Jefferson. I've always liked these buildings because of their good aesthetics and design -- and much to my surprise going by them tonight, they're being completely gutted and renovated. Maybe it's a condo conversion (?). Anyone know for sure?

Here's some photos:

This one here is completely new:

between the new infill and the old renovating:

I never thought there was anything visually wrong with these buildings to begin with, but apparently someone saw fit to go about an overhaul:

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
markf
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Serious renovations north of the Plaza

Post by markf »

Yep.  They went condo.  I saw an open house one day while I was out for my daily run.  I believe Prudential has the listing.
"Here!" shall of course be short for "Here I am, rock you like a hurricane."
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Thaine »

markf wrote: Yep.  They went condo.  I saw an open house one day while I was out for my daily run.  I believe Prudential has the listing.
The guys from Cohen/Esrey own a bunch of apartments between St. Luke's and the Plaza and are going to convert them to condo one set at a time.  This is the first bunch.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

That should lead to some real stability in the area. The rental market has gone to crap with 5-6 years of super low intrest rates. Most everyone that wants to rent (and I said most, there are exceptions) are people that can't get financed. And those people aren't very good renters. People are scrabbling to get out of the rental business.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

The master bedrooms had the ceilings opened up to the gables to make nice vaulted space.  These seem like a good deal, with the extra full basement space, lack of covered parking is  a negative.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

moderne wrote: ...lack of covered parking is a negative.
People can just get used to it.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Not if they have a choice.  In this climate especially, unless you have a rustrbucket.  It certainly affects resale.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

moderne wrote: It certainly affects resale.
Resale of the car or resale of the condo? or both?

when it comes to cars, when I buy one i'm not one of those people who turns around 18 months later and sells it. I keep it until it's immobile.

photoblog. 

JBinKC
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by JBinKC »

The guys from Cohen/Esrey own a bunch of apartments between St. Luke's and the Plaza and are going to convert them to condo one set at a time.  This is the first bunch
Any idea what their timeline is, or any other info?
paisstat
New York Life
New York Life

Post by paisstat »

I toured the model about a week and a half ago.  They are okay, but lacked creativity.