Lakefest...

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
KCgridlock

Lakefest...

Post by KCgridlock »

Went to Lakefest last night. I was rather impressed. Although we got there late and the music was rapping up, the crowds were huge and the music was good. The lakes were packed with boats etc and the fireworks show was awesome. It was also more of an urban/suburban crowd unlike what you might find at the ozarks. They should market this to the rest of the city, it could really become a huge festival.

BTW, this took place at Fleming Park at Blue Springs and Jacomo Lakes.

We also went to a party at a home that backs up to Fleming Park that afternoon, as I always say, if you going to pay 300k and up for a suburban home, don't do it in a formal farm field. This part of the city is like living in the Ozarks within the city.

I can honestly tell you that the area along I-470 that includes Lakewood and the large lakes of Fleming Park is by for the best kept secret in KC if not the midwest.
The Summit
Pad site
Pad site

Lakefest...

Post by The Summit »

It should be marketed, It could become a cross between Spirit Fest and Party Cove.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Lakefest...

Post by QueSi2Opie »

I've always loved Fleming Park, although it's not as popular as it was when I was a kid. I remember goin' to the lake beach and the water slides before they tore them down. With new homes springin' up in the area, new life should be pumped back into Lake Jacomo.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.