Re: Ronald Reagan day probably coming to Missouri

Post by schugg »

REAGANOMICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

Yet they probably won't have Ronald Reagan day in California.  That makes a hell of a lot of sense.  We don't have a Harry S. Truman day in Missouri that I'm aware of but we will have a Ronald Reagan day.  Do these idiots not have anything important to do down there?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

There are a lot of crazy ass bills that are in the Missouri Assembly, many of which will pass the House. The Senate usually has a way of putting a kibosh on craziness like this. There is also a bill to ban the airing of "Brokeback Mountain" in Missouri, a bill making Christianity the recognized religion of most Missourians (discussed on this board), a bill allowing the Ten Commandments to be displayed on public property, a bill requiring state agencies to address holidays by the "traditional names" (i.e. Merry Christmas not Happy Holidays). Its an election year! Let the madness ensue!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

KCMax wrote: There are a lot of crazy ass bills that are in the Missouri Assembly, many of which will pass the House. The Senate usually has a way of putting a kibosh on craziness like this.
Exactly.  These wingnuts can introduce anything they want, that doesn't mean people have to freak out.  A lot them are not serious, they are just an easy way to score some points with their base supporters back at home.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Thrillcekr wrote: Yet they probably won't have Ronald Reagan day in California.  That makes a hell of a lot of sense.  We don't have a Harry S. Truman day in Missouri that I'm aware of but we will have a Ronald Reagan day.  Do these idiots not have anything important to do down there?
nope. it is so bad on the national level, they are in a big bad ass hurry to name everything after reagan, he already has an airport and a trade center there, eventually, the gop i think intends to build him a monument that will make the washington monument look like a small stone.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

Rightwing cuckoos are so 2004.
pstokely
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by pstokely »

who wants to ban Brokeback Mountain?
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

pstokely wrote: who wants to ban Brokeback Mountain?
I just did a quick search and found this.  Apparently a state senator submitted an ammendment that would prevent cable companies from airing it, but then he withdrew the ammendment.  I don't know if that's all there was to it or not.

Maybe there are some books that can be banned, while we're at it.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 077708.htm
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator