18th and Vine Facades

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
barkerr
New York Life
New York Life

18th and Vine Facades

Post by barkerr »

Any chance for those fake storefronts to be converted into real shops??

That area is seeing a lot of construction lately and thought maybe it might carry over into those vacant buildings there.

Thanks.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: 18th and Vine Facades

Post by kcdcchef »

barkerr wrote: Any chance for those fake storefronts to be converted into real shops??

That area is seeing a lot of construction lately and thought maybe it might carry over into those vacant buildings there.

Thanks.
they are really only there now because they were used in the movie kansas city
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

the ones on the 1800 block of vine street in particular are extremely fake - if you go behind them you realize they are just wood framing with nothing back there, and the scale is about 80% real human scale
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Midway down this page, that design catastrophe made the Eyesores & Architectural Blunders List.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
barkerr
New York Life
New York Life

Post by barkerr »

Tosspot wrote: Midway down this page, that design catastrophe made the Eyesores & Architectural Blunders List.
Excellent! Thanks for sharing, Toss. That's great.

I know Altman built these for his mediocre film. I guess I was hoping that the revitalization of that area (now with the opening of Harper's and such) might continue.
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

actually, the pictures tossspot posted were not used in the film "Kansas City"
the set used for the film was on vine street south of 18th...

the pictures tossspot posted are of an area on 18th street near highland or vine where the city or whatever development agency faked it to get a feeling of density.
the sets on vine used for the film, while fake, are much more detailed than these cardboard poster facades...
Last edited by voltopt on Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
barkerr
New York Life
New York Life

Post by barkerr »

Thanks for the clarification.