Best place to sell Brookside Home FSBO?

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
cgrhumboldt
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Best place to sell Brookside Home FSBO?

Post by cgrhumboldt »

Am selling my Brookside 3 bedroom and was wondering where the best place to post it was.  I am doing it FSBO (better value for both parties).  I've listed on kc.backpage and Craig's list.  ANy other suggestions?
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Best place to sell Brookside Home FSBO?

Post by KCRealtor »

cgrhumboldt wrote: Am selling my Brookside 3 bedroom and was wondering where the best place to post it was.  I am doing it FSBO (better value for both parties).  I've listed on kc.backpage and Craig's list.  ANy other suggestions?
I recently helped a friend sell his Brookside home FSBO and it sold in just a couple of weeks.  My suggestions are as follows...do what you have done, but most importantly you must market to Realtors.  Lots of buyers represented looking around your part of town and you need to let the Realtors know about the product and the compensation considerations.  I strongly suggest putting together a flyer or pamphlet with all of the pertinent info. and hand delivering it to all of the Real Estate offices in the area...including Brookside Real Estate, all RE/Max offices in Prairie Village and inner JoCo areas and R & N offices too.  In addition, you can email presentations to most Realtors these days.  Remember, presentation is crucial so always have your home ready for a visit.  Best of luck.
KCAppraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCAppraiser »

Friend of mine sold his place at Cherry and Rockhill last summer by putting up Open House signs on Rockhill and other major streets in the area.  He sold it in one day.  He was probably lucky but he said he had lots of traffic.  Sounds simple but it worked for him.
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Thaine »

Recently (within a year), sold my house at Belleview and 61st FSBO.  I think a 2-300 dollar investment in professional signage really helped.  I got my signs (both for the yard and the little "arrow" signs to put at the closest busy streets) from that little shop just east of 39th and the trafficway, maybe "All-Star awards" or something.
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

It is always nice to ask the local business or homeowner if they mind a sign on the corner too.  I have found that fewer signs find the garbage this way.  Plus, it is just the neighborly thing to do.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

just fyi, be wary of fsbo packages that charge you to list your home on mls.  most of these services do technically list your house on mls, but it will not come up on an mls search unless you search for the listing's specific mls number, making it essentially worthless.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

chingon wrote: just fyi, be wary of fsbo packages that charge you to list your home on mls.  most of these services do technically list your house on mls, but it will not come up on an mls search unless you search for the listing's specific mls number, making it essentially worthless.
Do you know why that is?  It would seem that if a listing is in the MLS, there shouldn't be any distinction on how it got there.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

i don't know why or how it works, but it happened to my wife and i, as well as a friend of her's.  the properties are assigned and mls number, and if you search for that specific number, your property is technically on mls.  however, if you search for homes by zip code or price range or any other criteria, your home will not appear. 
p.s. - where's your house.  my wife wants to look in brookside for a 3 br, 1.5 or 2 bath, with a garage.
f4hondaphile
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by f4hondaphile »

Yeah, you might as well use this site as another place to "get it out there"... why not post with sq. ft., beds, baths, garages, etc.--especially pics would be great to see.  I am interested in Brookside homes as well and would love to hear about yours. If you don't want to put price up on the board you could leave an email or phone number for serious inquiries.