OFFICIAL: Port Authority Riverfront Project

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: OFFICIAL: Port Authority Riverfront Project

Post by beautyfromashes »

How much is the city contributing to the construction of the stadium in total?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

beautyfromashes wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:04 pm How much is the city contributing to the construction of the stadium in total?
None. I think there is a single digit state tax incentive.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

normalthings wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:10 pm
beautyfromashes wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:04 pm How much is the city contributing to the construction of the stadium in total?
Wow, that's amazing. Federal money through the Port Authority, I guess, right?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

beautyfromashes wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:24 pm
normalthings wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:10 pm
Wow, that's amazing. Federal money through the Port Authority, I guess, right?
No
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Just drove over the bridge from downtown to NKC and noticed how when looking east you are treated with a view of the hvac units on the roof.

We want 25 story buildings to have parapet to hide these things from ground level yet it wasn’t required for a low-rise?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:07 pm Just drove over the bridge from downtown to NKC and noticed how when looking east you are treated with a view of the hvac units on the roof.

We want 25 story buildings to have parapet to hide these things from ground level yet it wasn’t required for a low-rise?
You just not be that involved if you don’t think Cordish himself isn’t the driver of blocking rooftop chillers from ground level.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

HOA bridge is ground level?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:00 pm HOA bridge is ground level?
UGH - No, that's the point. You're slightly below the roofline so instead of looking over and seeing something worth being impressed by, you're distracted by hundreds of compressors and PVC vents.

I mean I don't really give a shit was just asking if this was a point of conversation with the developers and NKC? I'm not in tune with the area.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

normalthings wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:20 pm
DColeKC wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:07 pm Just drove over the bridge from downtown to NKC and noticed how when looking east you are treated with a view of the hvac units on the roof.

You just not be that involved if you don’t think Cordish himself isn’t the driver of blocking rooftop chillers from ground level.
WTF are you talking about? How does Cordish literally make it's way into every fucking post I make.

I'm asking, because I'm not in the loop, was this a conversation or concern raised by the fucking city with the developer or not?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:04 pm
UGH - No, that's the point. You're slightly below the roofline so instead of looking over and seeing something worth being impressed by, you're distracted by hundreds of compressors and PVC vents.

I mean I don't really give a shit was just asking if this was a point of conversation with the developers and NKC? I'm not in tune with the area.
Why would NKC be involved
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

normalthings wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:11 pm

Why would NKC be involved
Think I clearly mentioned I'm not familiar with that area. Do you have any input or insight or do you just want to point out I messed up saying NKC instead of KC? Or the Port Authority or whoever.

At this point never mind, was asking a development question on a development forum hoping for some information out of curiosity. Not sure why the responses have been smart ass in nature.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Sorry. This is KCMO. Cordish has a pet peeve about roof units being seen.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

normalthings wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:36 pm Sorry. This is KCMO. Cordish has a pet peeve about roof units being seen.
Yes, I realize that after the unhelpful and sarcastic response.

I stay in the PNL and Crossroads areas of conversation mostly and I see a ton of feedback on this forum about every detail of certain buildings. I'm only asking if this was a concern raised for these buildings in the Rivermarket or not? If not, seems like a topic that should have been thought of. You know, "poor urban planning" as TLG would say.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Your post said we want 25 story buildings hiding these from ground level. If I'm at the top of 1 KC place looking down on 25 story building I see what you saw from that bridge. It's not ground level to those buildings.

Weird take
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:44 pm

Your post said we want 25 story buildings hiding these from ground level. If I'm at the top of 1 KC place looking down on 25 story building I see what you saw from that bridge. It's not ground level to those buildings.

Weird take
It wasn't a take, it was a simple observation. I don't cross that bridge all that often and found it surprising the roofs of those buildings were so exposed and visible.

My short post while at a red light mind you was in reference to amount of criticism I see on this board about every detail of high rise buildings. The glass, the ground floor retail, the pedestrian friendliness and on and on. I figured it makes sense to hide things on top of a roof so you can't see equipment from the ground level, matter of fact that's my one beef with Lowes. You can clearly see equipment from the east looking west.

Was seeking information on if this was brought up in reference to these buildings in the River Market.

And come on.... It's understandable being able to see the exposed roofs of other buildings when in taller buildings, but I'm talking about a situation where thousands of people pass by a day. Could have been done better for not a lot of money. A simple 5' parapet would do the trick.

Since there's been no helpful feedback, I'm gong to assume this issue was not raised.

I mean, I really hope the proper authorities at least considered this.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

so you are equating concerns over quality building materials or ground level pedestrian interaction to the view of roofs from a highway bridge of equal height to the roofs? Yeah those aren't the same level of concern. It's like the 10th on the list of the problems of the riverfront development.

but hey we all have our thing.
it makes sense to hide things on top of a roof so you can't see equipment from the ground level,
What you are describing with the riverfront isn't ground level?????
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

stadium is bidding
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:42 pm so you are equating concerns over quality building materials or ground level pedestrian interaction to the view of roofs from a highway bridge of equal height to the roofs? Yeah those aren't the same level of concern. It's like the 10th on the list of the problems of the riverfront development.

but hey we all have our thing.
it makes sense to hide things on top of a roof so you can't see equipment from the ground level,
What you are describing with the riverfront isn't ground level?????
You’re hung up on my ground level comment. Never mind.

So developers and the proper governing body didn’t consider this. Got it. Seems like a topic that should have been grazed at the least.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Who will think of google earth!

You keep bringing up ground level in your posts is the reason I keep responding this isn't ground level?

But yeah putting up a visual barrier would have been fine too. Heck I wish it was 8 stories taller. Like I said this is like 100th in list of problems with how we've developed down there.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:07 am Who will think of google earth!

You keep bringing up ground level in your posts is the reason I keep responding this isn't ground level?

But yeah putting up a visual barrier would have been fine too. Heck I wish it was 8 stories taller. Like I said this is like 100th in list of problems with how we've developed down there.
We have moved on from the ground level comment. From the beginning I was clearly referring to the view from the bridge and made a quick post while at a red light. FFS, drop it. My original post was shit and had two gaffs. It was a simple question.

The developers absolutely should have considered the view from the bridge. I don’t care about the 100’s of other issues you take with that development, I was asking about this issue and I’ve not gotten an answer only cunty responses.

Moving on.