OFFICIAL: Port Authority Riverfront Project

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: OFFICIAL: Port Authority Riverfront Project

Post by normalthings »

But why? It doesn’t impact residents, pedestrians, cyclists, or transit users.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

It's obvious trying to "get back" at all the criticism of 1/2/3 Light.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:29 am It's obvious trying to "get back" at all the criticism of 1/2/3 Light.
I mean I get that it doesn’t look great for drivers but it’s a cost that only benefits the passing driver looking 90 degrees from the road.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

normalthings wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:25 am But why? It doesn’t impact residents, pedestrians, cyclists, or transit users.
You’re right.

It only impacts the reputation of the building and developer as 10’s of thousands of people will see this as their first and only impression.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:29 am It's obvious trying to "get back" at all the criticism of 1/2/3 Light.
Lmao - pathetic. Seriously. I can’t ask a question without an insult or something about Cordish being tossed in my face.

This isn’t personal, I was only asking a question. Why or who would I be “getting back at”? Is there a person on here with close ties to this developer?

Noted, don’t ask any questions because apparently I’m only asking due to some vendetta I have.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DColeKC wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:05 am
normalthings wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:25 am But why? It doesn’t impact residents, pedestrians, cyclists, or transit users.
You’re right.

It only impacts the reputation of the building and developer as 10’s of thousands of people will see this as their first and only impression.
How many people look at it and see North Point or expect a roof to not look like a roof?

Even if they do care, it’s a stick built developer building a stick on slab apartment. Not held to the high standards of luxury towers
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

I think a simple observation has gone off the rails into some previous pissing match rekindled. In just looking at the photos, I see the question of looking at the rooves & seeing the HVAC stuff while on the bridge. Would it have been nice to have a facade or something extended on the roofline to hide those? Sure. Was it required, most likely not as it was mentioned these were basically slab build suburban style 5-6 story max height apartment complexes.

Living in the suburbs I can't say I have really paid much attention or noticed things like that in the past. Plus I drive over the HOA bridge almost everyday on my way home from work (work downtown, live in Briarcliff)
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

that said I would like to see some more High rise building with maybe a touch for design flare then what they have put up thus far. Nothing too tall or crazy but give me something I little different to look at. It look slike a subdivision where there are 4 designs to choose from and everything looks the same. I get lost in those type neighborhoods :)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Happy Friday DCole! Let's make the next riverfront development building taller than HOA and we'll not have to worry about this. I'm fine adding this particular observation to the list of things done poorly at the riverfront.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

dukuboy1 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:28 am I think a simple observation has gone off the rails into some previous pissing match rekindled. In just looking at the photos, I see the question of looking at the rooves & seeing the HVAC stuff while on the bridge. Would it have been nice to have a facade or something extended on the roofline to hide those? Sure. Was it required, most likely not as it was mentioned these were basically slab build suburban style 5-6 story max height apartment complexes.

Living in the suburbs I can't say I have really paid much attention or noticed things like that in the past. Plus I drive over the HOA bridge almost everyday on my way home from work (work downtown, live in Briarcliff)
Thank you for a rational response. I'll try and be more careful with my words next time and avoid posting on the Rag when stopped at red lights. ;)
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:39 am Happy Friday DCole! Let's make the next riverfront development building taller than HOA and we'll not have to worry about this. I'm fine adding this particular observation to the list of things done poorly at the riverfront.
Finally, we have some middle ground!
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

DCole vs Powercat rivalry continues to be my fav thing on Rag.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

hopefully he takes it like I do, purely entertainment. No real drama on the rag.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

The Port Authority of Kansas City has chosen Cushman & Wakefield to take over property management of Berkley Riverfront.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:21 pm hopefully he takes it like I do, purely entertainment. No real drama on the rag.
What needs to happen is open up the floor of T-Mobile center and sell tickets for wrestling match between "Powercat & DCole" and the winner gets to choose whether 4L goes at the retail site or the movie theatre site.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I just want to pick the glass (j/k I've never posted once about the glass on the # Lights)
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

No, the site should be chosen by a chimp throwing ping pong balls into labeled cups.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

I still have never understood what the big deal is about the glass. It looks nice.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

The only roof that needs criticism and something done about it is the Pershing Square building next to Union Station. It yuks up the tourist view from the Liberty Memorial.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

moderne wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:04 pm The only roof that needs criticism and something done about it is the Pershing Square building next to Union Station. It yuks up the tourist view from the Liberty Memorial.
My dream is to become successful enough in life to buy that building outright just to get rid of it…
That or at least do something to make it not ruin the view as much from LM, probably residential conversion