Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Re: Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Post by DColeKC »

gfenn11 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:52 pm A cyclist was injured over the weekend as these were placed there with legally parked cars- and while they should've taken the driving lane, they mistook the available distance and ended up going over the handlebars after coming into contact with the barriers.

So this happening week 1 after the repainting- sure. But this has been more than enough time to fix this shit.
Where can I find this information? So I can pass it along to those responsible.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:17 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:59 pm I mean they're also blocking a fire hydrant. Doesn't take that much of a learning curve to not put shit in front of a fire hydrant I'd hope.🤷‍♂️
They're also empty and can be moved by a toddler when stored like above.
What laws do you think should apply to power and light?

You're not allowed to block fire hydrants lol.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

WoodDraw wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:23 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:59 pm I mean they're also blocking a fire hydrant. Doesn't take that much of a learning curve to not put shit in front of a fire hydrant I'd hope.🤷‍♂️

They didn't block them on purpose. This is an employee not listening to direction and placing things where they were told to NOT place them.

My point about them being moveable was so you'd know they're not a real barrier to gaining access to the fire hydrant.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:30 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:23 pm

They didn't block them on purpose. This is an employee not listening to direction and placing things where they were told to NOT place them.

My point about them being moveable was so you'd know they're not a real barrier to gaining access to the fire hydrant.
I know shit happens. I hope they do better training.

KC could paint these better as well. We have a lot to learn on sharing streets.
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:18 pm
gfenn11 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:52 pm A cyclist was injured over the weekend as these were placed there with legally parked cars- and while they should've taken the driving lane, they mistook the available distance and ended up going over the handlebars after coming into contact with the barriers.

So this happening week 1 after the repainting- sure. But this has been more than enough time to fix this shit.
Where can I find this information? So I can pass it along to those responsible.
https://twitter.com/kc4safestreets/stat ... UO0LYpVwgA

I didn't interact/save the other tweeters, but other cyclists that were present when it occurred had more info/pics.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

You won't see this happen again. I've been told the city manager and leaders of PNL had already talked about this but the employees didn't understand the directions they were told and instead of keeping them OUT OF THE BIKE LANES, they took it as put them in the bike lanes.

Unfortunately I've noticed a common and general disregard for bike lanes since these have been done. I was happy to see a group of 12 or more all ride by in this section of Grand Saturday afternoon. I don't see them utilized very often.
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

Ahh fingers crossed it happens. Any idea why they no longer use the metal posts and just use these orange barricades? I'm sure it took much more effort to place and remove the metal posts, but they at least looked good (and still had room for cyclists to make it by).
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

gfenn11 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:51 pm Ahh fingers crossed it happens. Any idea why they no longer use the metal posts and just use these orange barricades? I'm sure it took much more effort to place and remove the metal posts, but they at least looked good (and still had room for cyclists to make it by).
It's an odd thing. T-Mobile owns those metal bollards and control when they go in and out. They won't put them out if they don't have an event, so the orange things get put out. Also, the metal bollards for the southern portion go in all the way at Truman. After Two Light opened, they leave some of that open for parking garage access.
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:57 pm
gfenn11 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:51 pm Ahh fingers crossed it happens. Any idea why they no longer use the metal posts and just use these orange barricades? I'm sure it took much more effort to place and remove the metal posts, but they at least looked good (and still had room for cyclists to make it by).
It's an odd thing. T-Mobile owns those metal bollards and control when they go in and out. They won't put them out if they don't have an event, so the orange things get put out. Also, the metal bollards for the southern portion go in all the way at Truman. After Two Light opened, they leave some of that open for parking garage access.
Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Blue Sushi Sake opening in January at its P&L spot
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

UMKC Roo wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:04 pm Blue Sushi Sake opening in January at its P&L spot
They hit a few snags. Most notably crappy general contracting and overall project management.
droopy
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by droopy »

Any word on what and when something is opening in the Flying Saucer location? Seems like they’ve been working on it a while.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

droopy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:34 am Any word on what and when something is opening in the Flying Saucer location? Seems like they’ve been working on it a while.
They've been showing it but nothing locked in yet. Chelsea (former leasing agent) says they almost had Made in KC confirmed but they pulled out last minute.

It's a tough spot because while it has a great corner location, it doesn't directly connect to KC live.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Made in KC is going to be on every corner of this city soon. That would have been their 4th location downtown?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:20 pm Made in KC is going to be on every corner of this city soon. That would have been their 4th location downtown?
Believe they went with Lightwell over flying saucer.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

4th location it is! Crazy. Good for them.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:59 pm 4th location it is! Crazy. Good for them.
Cool concept and would have been a good tenant for PNL but I don't think that location was the best fit. Think you need a food and beverage specific concept in there.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Signage went up.

DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Dubliner to return as KC HOOLEY HOUSE early next year. Decent concept change and new ownership group, so promising future.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:27 pm Dubliner to return as KC HOOLEY HOUSE early next year. Decent concept change and new ownership group, so promising future.
I assume it's this chain? Doesn't seem like much of a concept change?

https://www.1funpub.com/menu