Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Re: Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:54 pm One last Big 12 for them to cash in I guess. Any ideas on a replacement? I still think leaving the front half a cozy Irish bar and the back big half a German beer hall would be a winner.
No replacement at this point but being pitched. Big space and prime location, will take a concept willing to pay the price.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

More on Dubliner closure...
https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/th ... year-lease

Maybe it could be chopped down to smaller spaces that are more quaint pubs and restaurants. It's an entertainment district but not every space has to be so huge.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

earthling wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:55 am More on Dubliner closure...
https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/th ... year-lease

Maybe it could be chopped down to smaller spaces that are more quaint pubs and restaurants. It's an entertainment district but not every space has to be so huge.
See my 14th street half stay an Irish bar post
poptart
Surface Lot

Post by poptart »

First post after lurking for a couple years.

Starbucks will be coming to the space formerly occupied by The Roasterie according to HRB employees
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Knew they had to pop up somewhere in the loop.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Reading comments from people on Dubliner closing is frustrating. Especially the uninformed who claim Cordish “forced them out” because they want some national chain to take the space.

If they only knew how much Cordish worked with the owners and deducted the lease amount over the years. They were paying nowhere near the market rate for that space by the end.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

I’m curious to know how well P&L has done with KU making this tournament run and giving them 6 whole game days for P&L to gain from. It hasn’t happened for a while. Especially the Final Four & Title game…it was absolutely jammed packed yesterday.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:41 pm Reading comments from people on Dubliner closing is frustrating. Especially the uninformed who claim Cordish “forced them out” because they want some national chain to take the space.

If they only knew how much Cordish worked with the owners and deducted the lease amount over the years. They were paying nowhere near the market rate for that space by the end.
Small business owner and big national developer and you want people to feel bad for cordish? I mean come on. That news will never play
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:00 pm
DColeKC wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:41 pm Reading comments from people on Dubliner closing is frustrating. Especially the uninformed who claim Cordish “forced them out” because they want some national chain to take the space.

Small business owner and big national developer and you want people to feel bad for cordish? I mean come on. That news will never play
Uhhh, no. I don’t want anyone to feel bad for Cordish. I think it’s ignorant that people claim they wanted Dubliner out because they’re anti-local owned when selecting tenants. Considering they’ve been willingly taking far, and I mean far less than market rate rent for that space for years in order to keep the tenant, says otherwise.

I’d like information like this to be more public so good developers and landlords aren’t always considered the bad guys.
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:18 pm I’m curious to know how well P&L has done with KU making this tournament run and giving them 6 whole game days for P&L to gain from. It hasn’t happened for a while. Especially the Final Four & Title game…it was absolutely jammed packed yesterday.
I think a lot of people will drive to Lawrence
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

ericwyner wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:23 am
AlkaliAxel wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:18 pm I’m curious to know how well P&L has done with KU making this tournament run and giving them 6 whole game days for P&L to gain from. It hasn’t happened for a while. Especially the Final Four & Title game…it was absolutely jammed packed yesterday.
The JoCo people might. But almost everyone in urban KC watches it in the city. Every bar, restaurant in the urban core, & everything within P&L has been jammed like you wouldn't believe. It's had to have been great business for the bars in the city.
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:30 am
The JoCo people might. But almost everyone in urban KC watches it in the city. Every bar, restaurant in the urban core, & everything within P&L has been jammed like you wouldn't believe. It's had to have been great business for the bars in the city.
you assume everyone in the urban core is a ku fan, a team with a large fanbase in the area doesn't hurt
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

ericwyner wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:05 am

you assume everyone in the urban core is a ku fan, a team with a large fanbase in the area doesn't hurt
I meant to say every KU fan in the core. That being said KU is definitely the dominant team here. KU gets alot of extra casual fans who don’t have a “college team” because of how strong their national brand is for basketball. Their fans have been packing the urban core on tournament gamedays. Especially the final four, it was crazy downtown. Can’t wait to see it on Monday night.
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:29 am

I meant to say every KU fan in the core. That being said KU is definitely the dominant team here. KU gets alot of extra casual fans who don’t have a “college team” because of how strong their national brand is for basketball. Their fans have been packing the urban core on tournament gamedays. Especially the final four, it was crazy downtown. Can’t wait to see it on Monday night.
but Monday is school night for most, and the game doesn't begin until after 8? Probably not a weekend crazy crowd, and the crazy crowd will heard to Lawrence
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

That being said KU is definitely the dominant team here.
I assume you're talking about bball and not football :lol:
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

ericwyner wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:50 am

This area of the country might care less about college football than anywhere else, due to the fact that literally every college football team sucks and has for a decade now.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:45 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:00 pm

Uhhh, no. I don’t want anyone to feel bad for Cordish. I think it’s ignorant that people claim they wanted Dubliner out because they’re anti-local owned when selecting tenants. Considering they’ve been willingly taking far, and I mean far less than market rate rent for that space for years in order to keep the tenant, says otherwise.

I’d like information like this to be more public so good developers and landlords aren’t always considered the bad guys.
Fair enough.
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:44 am
ericwyner wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:50 am

This area of the country might care less about college football than anywhere else, due to the fact that literally every college football team sucks and has for a decade now.
even the college FB wasteland of the Northeast?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

ericwyner wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:47 am

but Monday is school night for most, and the game doesn't begin until after 8? Probably not a weekend crazy crowd, and the crazy crowd will heard to Lawrence
It will be very busy downtown tonight. Most 25+ have no desire to be in that mess on mass street.