Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:08 am
KCPowercat wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:00 am So Cordish did or didn't keep Target in mind when designing 3L? Given your comment that said ts' a better coctail bar space it seems no or maybe they asked and when Target said "nah" they redesigned.
3L slightly too small and they don’t prefer a two story store. Also, PNL doesn’t have a high end cocktail bar at the moment. Big gap in the market and something downtown residents list high on their priority lists.
Definitely not a gap in the market. Maybe in the district specifically. If a downtown resident doesn't know where to get a high end cocktail they need to open their eyes
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:18 am
DColeKC wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:48 am Let me try to put this in easier to understand terms.
Target does not want to be in PNL. They have exchanged ft2 pricing and it could be a backup option but is very much not their prefrence.
I guess the Target executive and Cordish executive that told me this in a group conversation must be full of it. Just like the renderings I’ve seen must be for fun only.

I’ll let you have this victory, I don’t care what anyone believes or not. This seems like an important thing for you, so you do you boo.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:56 am
DColeKC wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:08 am
KCPowercat wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:00 am So Cordish did or didn't keep Target in mind when designing 3L? Given your comment that said ts' a better coctail bar space it seems no or maybe they asked and when Target said "nah" they redesigned.
3L slightly too small and they don’t prefer a two story store. Also, PNL doesn’t have a high end cocktail bar at the moment. Big gap in the market and something downtown residents list high on their priority lists.
Definitely not a gap in the market. Maybe in the district specifically. If a downtown resident doesn't know where to get a high end cocktail they need to open their eyes
Yeah, within PNL there is a gap in the market. It’s not that residents don’t know where to go for a high end cocktail, it’s that they’d like a closer, nicer option and Cordish has a proven operator interested in partnering.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

Permit issued for former Bar Louie space -

Blue Sushi Sake Grill

KCDowntown
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Was it known that Drunken Fish was leaving? I feel like it was mentioned on here but guess it's for sure now.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:09 pm Was it known that Drunken Fish was leaving? I feel like it was mentioned on here but guess it's for sure now.
i think it was mentioned here. Not as good as it once was.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:09 pm Was it known that Drunken Fish was leaving? I feel like it was mentioned on here but guess it's for sure now.
Think I mentioned that but not 150% sure.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... light.html
Did someone already post that Genesis bought the One Life gym above Cosentino's?
Philacav
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Philacav »

Worth noting that it is precisely the rapid decimation of the buildings downtown that once housed and could again house, retail, that Target will have to get mighty creative to have a store in the loop itself without going somewhere in the P&L District. We won't get to see headlines like these, "Target to revamp part of Macy's building" or "Target opens in Jones flagship." It's all gone. And everything else is parking, more parking, bank space, or something that two or three banking/real estate mogul families built in the 80s that is still more parking or space that may be potentially for retail but isn't used as such (One Petticoat Lane, etc.).

And while we're at it, the entire Main Street facade of the lower floors of City Center Square should be rebuilt out to the real sidewalk line. I'm just inserting that in case I didn't sound cranky enough.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Philacav wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:25 pm Worth noting that it is precisely the rapid decimation of the buildings downtown that once housed and could again house, retail, that Target will have to get mighty creative to have a store in the loop itself without going somewhere in the P&L District. We won't get to see headlines like these, "Target to revamp part of Macy's building" or "Target opens in Jones flagship." It's all gone. And everything else is parking, more parking, bank space, or something that two or three banking/real estate mogul families built in the 80s that is still more parking or space that may be potentially for retail but isn't used as such (One Petticoat Lane, etc.).
So, there's no where to go in the loop because there's parking? I don't understand. Seems this would make lots of room for Target. Pick your parking lot.
Philacav
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Philacav »

beautyfromashes wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:22 am
Philacav wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:25 pm Worth noting that it is precisely the rapid decimation of the buildings downtown that once housed and could again house, retail, that Target will have to get mighty creative to have a store in the loop itself without going somewhere in the P&L District. We won't get to see headlines like these, "Target to revamp part of Macy's building" or "Target opens in Jones flagship." It's all gone. And everything else is parking, more parking, bank space, or something that two or three banking/real estate mogul families built in the 80s that is still more parking or space that may be potentially for retail but isn't used as such (One Petticoat Lane, etc.).
So, there's no where to go in the loop because there's parking? I don't understand. Seems this would make lots of room for Target. Pick your parking lot.
To be clearer, parking garages rather than lots. And the garages typically have parking space down to the street level. If Target winds up locating on some fringe of the downtown loop due to the ease of development of a remaining surface lot, it doesn't do much to add life to the core of the loop: Main, Walnut, etc. I suppose the big lot at 10th and Grand would be a big contender but that would surely be part of a larger development, I would imagine.
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

Drunken fish finally closed up shop.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

KCDowntown wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:00 am Permit issued for former Bar Louie space -

Blue Sushi Sake Grill

KCDowntown
Star story confirming today. Adding a second level is cool!
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:02 pm
KCDowntown wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:00 am Permit issued for former Bar Louie space -

Blue Sushi Sake Grill

KCDowntown
CityScene KC

https://cityscenekc.com/blue-sushi-plan ... wer-light/
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:02 pm

Blue Sushi Sake Grill

KCDowntown
Happy someone is finally doing this. That entire section was built-out to accommodate a 2nd level. Now they just need to get the old famous daves location leased.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

It appears Dubliner is done. Saw furniture being removed today.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

One last Big 12 for them to cash in I guess. Any ideas on a replacement? I still think leaving the front half a cozy Irish bar and the back big half a German beer hall would be a winner.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

DColeKC wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:50 pm It appears Dubliner is done. Saw furniture being removed today.
And what do you think the reason for it closing is?
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Are there any other interesting concepts happening at other Cordish properties that KC might latch onto?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:08 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:50 pm It appears Dubliner is done. Saw furniture being removed today.
And what do you think the reason for it closing is?
Space needs gutted and updated. Already an uphill battle there but has never been managed well.

An ownership group that has too many chiefs all with different ideas on how to run the place isn't a winning plan either.