Ignore user function enabled

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I have enabled the "ignore user" function which will ignore certain users. Sorry you can't ignore Moderators or Admins though :)
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

damn

;)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Just thought I'd bring this back up. If there is a user you don't like to read for any reason, find one of their posts and in the top right of their post, will be the "ignore" button. Click it and their messages go away.

I'd encourage everybody to use this instead of just leaving the forum because there is one member you don't like to read.

Thanks....any questions, let me know.

staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

We all know who we're talking about here -- and EVERYONE has to do it or it won't work because then there will be threads that don't make sense because people are responding to someone most people are trying to ignore.

Come on, y'all, do that ignore thang.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

I'd like to echo the past two comments...even if you don't use the actual ignore button, please just ignore trolling comments. I rarely respond to kfb unless he's actually making worthwhile comments (which he does have). It's very easy to just keep scrolling when a forumer is going overboard. You double the problem when you respond...it's just asking for more trolling from him or other forumers.

Sorry to single you out kfb but it's pretty obvious what's going on.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

the comments continue, so please resist the temptation to respond to ignorance. I wrote a couple replies, then deleted them before posting. It was hard, but no way to respsond or even label them as flamebait without stirring up the pot even more. The above comments are good. ignore, ignore, ignore!
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Yeah, I had to struggle with that myself, especially since some of the latest are based on outright ignorance of the facts.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

you go that right! disagreements are great, and have lead to some very constructive debates. I sure don't agree with Stl. dan on a couple very important issues, but at least we can have a pretty civil discussion about things. Deadman and Que have some great dissenting opinions, but at they are based on facts, and don't involve personal attacks, poor grammer and spelling, and outright bad manners. Sadly, the net allows people to say and do things that simply would not be tolerated in any other situation.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

BTW quit trying to put me on ignore it won't work HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

tat2kc wrote:Sadly, the net allows people to say and do things that simply would not be tolerated in any other situation.
If that's the case, then why is it tolerated here? What is it about this board that allows an illiterate jackass to spew endless amounts of garbage when no one here would put up with it "in real life?" If everyone has someone on ignore, then what purpose does that person serve for the forum, besides taking up bandwidth?
kcteen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by kcteen »

i put him on igore and deleted references to him in my posts. Not even gonna acknowledge him.

I hope something is done, either he leaves by himself (best scenario) or someone makes him.

everyone, put KFB on ignore. right now.

kcteen
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

He'll get bored when nobody reacts to him anymore, so I think it'll happen naturally. We just need everyone on board. I look forward to seeing lots of KFB threads with 0 responses.