New Coaster coming to WOF

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
Missionite
New York Life
New York Life

Re: New Coaster coming to WOF

Post by Missionite »

shinatoo wrote: Wolds of Fun is a waste. It's only open half the year, sits in the middle of a parking lagoon and the only development it has spurned is a Taco Bell, a super eight and a bunch of industrial buildings. There is absolutely nothing to do up there after a day at the park. No bar scene at all.

They need to turn it back to a corn field and move it downtown, maybe by 18th and Vine.

It and the airport.
I'm sorry. I got confused. I thought maybe you were talking about the sports complex there for a second.  Weren't you? I guess those are a waste too. :?

Matt
Discover America's Theme Parks @ www.ThemeParksMagazine.com
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Missionite wrote: I'm sorry. I got confused. I thought maybe you were talking about the sports complex there for a second.  Weren't you? I guess those are a waste too. :?

Matt
Actually it was a satire of the sports complex threads.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

shinatoo wrote: Actually it was a satire of the sports complex threads.
I actually thought you were serious.  I didn't know how to respond to that really, but was about to ask if you have been to any other amusement parks since they are no different.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I kind of thought the proposition to put WOF and the airport next to 18th and Vine would have been enough to tip people off to the humorous nature of the post.

I mean really, the phrase "the only development it has spurned is a Taco Bell" must have been used like 50 times in the sports complex threads.
pstokely
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by pstokely »

kcmokid
Pad site
Pad site

Post by kcmokid »

Photo update of the PROWLER from WOF website.  They're making good progress!

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

i really hope they finally have adressed timberwolf. went from being my favorite ride to my least favorite. my wife hated it so badly she swore to never go on it again. and we both like wooden roller coasters, ride them at other parks. but TW is completely fucked right now.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: i really hope they finally have adressed timberwolf. went from being my favorite ride to my least favorite. my wife hated it so badly she swore to never go on it again. and we both like wooden roller coasters, ride them at other parks. but TW is completely fucked right now.
I thought they retracked it sometime over the last ~year or so?  Or is that what went wrong in your opinion?
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I thought they retracked it sometime over the last ~year or so?  Or is that what went wrong in your opinion?
we rode it two falls ago, october 2007, and thought it in terrible condition. it was so jarring, shaky, and bumpy you had a migrane from hell. every other ride we rode that nie, including the viking voyager, had lines, and tw didnt. quite telling actually. i had read it was retracked before that. if so, they got ripped off. did not go to WOF in 2008.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: we rode it two falls ago, october 2007, and thought it in terrible condition. it was so jarring, shaky, and bumpy you had a migrane from hell. every other ride we rode that nie, including the viking voyager, had lines, and tw didnt. quite telling actually. i had read it was retracked before that. if so, they got ripped off. did not go to WOF in 2008.
I seem to remember them billing it as being intentionally rough and wild when it opened - I also remeber getting that same jarring mpression you describe within the first couple years it was open.  I am all for thrilling rides, but I draw the line when you get off bruised and headachey.  I remember reading an article about the retracking that was supposed to smooth it out and address those issues, but I haven't ridden it for a few years so I am not sure about the current state. 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I seem to remember them billing it as being intentionally rough and wild when it opened - I also remeber getting that same jarring mpression you describe within the first couple years it was open.  I am all for thrilling rides, but I draw the line when you get off bruised and headachey.  I remember reading an article about the retracking that was supposed to smooth it out and address those issues, but I haven't ridden it for a few years so I am not sure about the current state. 
i rode it probably 200 times that inagural season ( 89 i believe ) and it was shaky like all woodies are, but it is soooo far worse now it is not even funny. i remember taking my dad on it with me in the opening season, an old man already in his late forties, and he was okay with it then.

no, make no mistake, it is far worse now.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Per Joce Smith, WoF and OoF are up for sale.  For those of you who have always wanted to own an amusement park - here is your chance!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Per Joce Smith, WoF and OoF are up for sale.  For those of you who have always wanted to own an amusement park - here is your chance!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Apparently InBev is looking to offload all of the Busch/Seaworld parks too - you could own a whole chain of amusement parks. 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

hey nobody worry about a thing. schlitterbahn is about to open the best ever water park in the world, in rural kansas. better days are coming.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

kcdcchef wrote: hey nobody worry about a thing. schlitterbahn is about to open the best ever water park in the world, in rural kansas. better days are coming.
Cool! Looking forward to it!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Who would buy them? Six flags is about to go under from what I have heard.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

GRID wrote: Who would buy them? Six flags is about to go under from what I have heard.
Perhaps someone from outside the industry?  I had read that the InBev folks were quietly hopeful that Cedar Fair might be a bidder for some of their parks - but doesn't sound like they are in a position to buy. 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

GRID wrote: Who would buy them? Six flags is about to go under from what I have heard.
dont worry grid, we dont need worlds of fun and oceans of fun. or any of the six flags. the legends at village west is getting schlitterbahn, the best park ever anywhere!!
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

A few more details.

http://www.kmbc.com/money/18887330/deta ... 92009&ts=H

Ohio-based Cedar Fair said it is considering selling amusement parks in Missouri and Minnesota so it can pay down its debt.

Cedar Fair Entertainment Co. said the two parks are Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, Mo., and Valleyfair near Minneapolis.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.