Kids and Families in the City

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Kids and Families in the City

Post by Thrillcekr »

nota wrote: Maybe it's a quality of life issue.
Yeah, but what is quality?  Might be nice not to have much traffic passing by but you can't go grab a loaf of bread without getting into your car so convenience is lacking.  Of course, the residents aren't the only people that enjoy those nice quiet cul de sacs.  Burglars prefer them too.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Kids and Families in the City

Post by nota »

DanCa wrote: My new neighborhood in Denver has no cul-de-sacs and is built on a grid system.  But I believe the idea was to make it fit into surrounding, older neighborhoods that are also grids.  My personal preference is the grid system.  Or then there's the European system, which I call "spaghetti".  I drove around Frankfurt for three years and still got lost!
And to fit into older neighborhoods, the grid system is better of course. I've not driven in Europe.

There are 3 semi cul de sacs in my current neighborhood-great places for street hockey and basket ball games for the kids. Block parties are fun there too. I wouldn't want to live in one, but many people do. I live on a block that is a "grid" that you get to on the curving streets.

I don't know why but I'm excited about you getting into your new house.