Misc Crossroads News

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:26 pm Baseball stadium moves?
Not directly related to a baseball stadium:
The proposal includes 180 housing units, with 36 units set aside as affordable housing, 50% AMI, above 6,000 sq ft of ground level commercial space.

This proposal was in response to an RFP issued 3/8/2022, due by 4/15/2022, and was selected from 3 respondents.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

That makes me double happy
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

If legitimate, it probably puts the Crossroads site to bed as a possibility for the new baseball stadium.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

beautyfromashes wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:50 pm If legitimate, it probably puts the Crossroads site to bed as a possibility for the new baseball stadium.
Not necessarily. I'm pretty sure this is two blocks or so east of where the stadium would go. Although, if the stadium were to go in the Crossroads, I think this site would be held for something bigger than 180 units (prime views from the stadium).
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

and the city wouldn't be selling it.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

I'm resigned at this point that it's going to East Village.

The Great Summer 2022 Rag Debate of the Royals Location is over.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

UMKC Roo wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:25 pm Either way they've got to start getting more development going in the E Crossroads. It's beens stagnant and the west is getting all the projects..
East Crossroads development has been far from stagnant. It's ripe with small-scale adaptive reuses of old industrial spaces that provide a walkable environment when activated. And hardly any of them have needed incentives or parking pedestals.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

^Also the 341-unit Artistry Arte KC multi-family development
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DaveKCMO wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:19 am
UMKC Roo wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:25 pm Either way they've got to start getting more development going in the E Crossroads. It's beens stagnant and the west is getting all the projects..
East Crossroads development has been far from stagnant. It's ripe with small-scale adaptive reuses of old industrial spaces that provide a walkable environment when activated. And hardly any of them have needed incentives or parking pedestals.
Yeah I was shocked to read that comment. I'm loving everything happening east of Grand
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

I thought the city approved an abatement district in east xroads.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

kboish wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:50 am
I thought the city approved an abatement district in east xroads.
They did, mostly for Matt Abbott's properties. I don't think people other than Matt have taken advantage of it.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Developer pursuing 180 unit project in Crossroads

Ground floor will be commercial space

https://cityscenekc.com/developer-pursu ... rossroads/
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Seems like MF housing proposals along RCP corridor is picking back up.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Clark Hunt was at the ribbon cutting of the new Hunt office downtown. Sign of things to come?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Apartment Tower with Affordable Units Proposed for Crossroads
Copaken Brooks is pursuing a 14-story apartment project at 1818 Main that is expected to include affordable units, according to a neighbor briefed on the plan.
The proposal calls for 12 floors of apartments above a two-level garage and would have 112 units, according to Johnson. He also said Copaken Brooks intends to seek incentives to help finance the project through the Affordable Housing Trust Fund.
Currently, the site is occupied by the former Southwest Boulevard State Bank which opened in 1915, and two adjoining properties that had been used as a night club in recent years.

https://cityscenekc.com/apartment-tower ... -SlUx9-Y0w
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Would be nice if they could save the facade of the old bank/nightclub as an entrance
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Copaken seems to have a build-to-sell groove going. They build, Seminole RE eventually buys. Potentially a machine for substantial Xroads midrises if that continues.

Demand is slowing nationally and while RCP corridor demand isn't as high a last couple years, so far it still seems to be enough to maintain some momentum - demand generally higher than new supply. Stagnant KC pro/tech service job growth might be a concern but if RCP can draw suburban downsizers it might be enough offset to keep things moving.
Last edited by earthling on Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

I’m happy to see this. Perfect amount of height and density for this part of the streetcar line. Would like to know more about the design and see it from more angles, but that’ll come overtime. Definitely a better design than the office building that was once planned here.

Maybe these posts should be merged with the 1822 Main thread.
viewtopic.php?p=633365&hilit=1822+main& ... 29#p633365
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

My only beef with this project is that it's not removing a surface lot, which we have so many along Main in the Crossroads we need to fill.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

UMKC Roo wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:05 pm My only beef with this project is that it's not removing a surface lot, which we have so many along Main in the Crossroads we need to fill.
Incorrect. It removes the surface lot between the bank building and Michael's.