Misc Crossroads News

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by normalthings »

beautyfromashes wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:54 pm
normalthings wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:09 pm Buyer for Goodwill?
beautyfromashes wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:58 pm Many have talked about the Tension Evelope building for redevelopment but I recently heard there was a shallow inquiry about the Goodwill building next door. It’s covered in metal siding.
This one’s getting interesting!
Sunflower Development it is. Sounds like they will attempt to renovate it into an innovation district building.
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

swid wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:38 pm King G opened today; as expected, the sandwiches and small plates are delightful.
Anyone go to the grand opening? Would love to see pictures of the atmosphere!
Though I'm in Tucson, did a street view cruise and finally found the place. 505 w 18th street I believe it was. Across the street from Grinders, one of my favorite places to go when I get back to KC.
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

https://cityscenekc.com/developer-plans ... opulation/

renovation of the buildings at 100 E. 20th St. and 1905 will include adding office space and retail and a relocation of city dogs creating a 17,000 sqft dog park on the current parking lot.

Was really hoping the lot would be developed to higher density, but still nice to have it activated. Plenty of nearby lots anyways
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Riverite wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:37 am https://cityscenekc.com/developer-plans ... opulation/

renovation of the buildings at 100 E. 20th St. and 1905 will include adding office space and retail and a relocation of city dogs creating a 17,000 sqft dog park on the current parking lot.

Was really hoping the lot would be developed to higher density, but still nice to have it activated. Plenty of nearby lots anyways
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Seems like a good amenity for the neighborhood.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

I just realized, this must've died

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20877&p=608748#p608748
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Anyone checked out Chartreuse Saloon in the old Madrigall space?

Soft opening over the weekend, may be open now?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Tuesday 4-1:30
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

King G looks like a really nice bar versus what I was thinking of a "deli" would have. Need to stop in.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:29 pm King G looks like a really nice bar versus what I was thinking of a "deli" would have. Need to stop in.
They are very separate spaces.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Right. Just in my mind when I heard them coming in as a deli and bar I didn't expect such a seperate and well done bar space.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

grovester wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:33 pm Anyone checked out Chartreuse Saloon in the old Madrigall space?

Soft opening over the weekend, may be open now?
Pics from this evening! Proof of vaccination required at the door.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Oh the memories of my grandmother warning me to stay out of the pool hall aka "beer joint" when I was a kid.

Back in those days, in small towns, kids could hang out in pool halls, bars, taverns playing the pinball machines and no one would think twice about it.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Keystone innovation team, Sunflower plan to redevelop former Goodwill building
Equity partner Sunflower Development Group has Goodwill of Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas' former office and warehouse building at 1817 Campbell St. under contract. The 78,060-square-foot structure, which Goodwill employees vacated in November 2019, now is envisioned as the Keystone Innovation District's first hub location.

The site could house advanced manufacturing innovation centers, co-working space for entrepreneurs, university lab space or offices for workforce development, Keystone Community Corp. CEO Kevin McGinnis told the city's Industrial Development Authority on Thursday.
The new Keystone hub is meant to complement the innovation district, unofficially bounded west to east by Holmes Street and The Paseo, and north to south by Interstate 670 and the railroad tracks south of 19th Street.

McGinnis said this programming will be developed around what long-term regional forecasts have identified to be emerging industry clusters — among them advanced manufacturing, robotics, artificial intelligence, biology and life sciences.
In the meantime, Keystone in mid-October executed a short-term office lease nearby at 800 E. 18th St., which the nonprofit anticipates occupying in the fourth quarter.
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... 2021-10-28

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.091515 ... 384!8i8192
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

nara's got a sign up that says "LULA". apparently a pop-up southern concept through 12/31 from a guy with gram and dun/ ignite wood fired grill background. not sure if it's open yet.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Border Brewery (the OG east crossroads brewery) reopens Friday a block further east and much bigger space.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

No permits but Homeslice pizza building at truman and grand is being repainted. Not sure if it's for anything or just to sell / property complaints.
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by mgh7676 »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:37 pm No permits but Homeslice pizza building at truman and grand is being repainted. Not sure if it's for anything or just to sell / property complaints.
Noticed them doing floor demo/reno inside of the building yesterday.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Kansas City Business Journal is reporting that the founder of Homebase in the Crossroads is helping to launch a new comedy club in the Hemingway Building at 103 W. 19th Street.

Homebase founder helps launch new comedy club in KC

Blake Miller, co-owner of The Bird Comedy Theater, spearheaded the investment group behind it. The new comedy venue at 103 W. 19th St. is in Kansas City’s Hemingway Building, where author Ernest Hemingway once worked as a cub reporter for The Kansas City Star. The Bird leased about 3,500 square feet, enough to seat 100 or more.

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... 2021-12-29

https://www.google.com/maps/place/103+W ... 4.5853768