Misc Crossroads News

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by normalthings »

Farina will absorb the adjacent art gallery. Great to see them expand the restaurant
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Random thought while walking around tonight - the crossroads needs a lot more trashcans. I was on a couple blocks walking around and there weren't any close all four directions.

So people just throw shit in the parking lots or streets.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

WoodDraw wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:47 pm Random thought while walking around tonight - the crossroads needs a lot more trashcans. I was on a couple blocks walking around and there weren't any close all four directions.

So people just throw shit in the parking lots or streets.
Does the crossroads have a roaming cleaning crew like PNL? Who empties the trash cans they do have?
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

The Crossroads doesn't have a CID, so the answers are "no" and "shrug emoji".
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

swid wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:12 am The Crossroads doesn't have a CID, so the answers are "no" and "shrug emoji".
Yup. Sadly it's up to a CID or random business owners to buy and maintain.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

The trash cans that do exist are a private sector operation supported by advertising. Neighborhood puts up temporary trash cans during First Friday, but there's no revenue source to empty them at other times (FF is supported by city NTDF).
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

It sucks that anything that makes a city more liveable gets knocked out of the city budget farmed out to private money to take care of.

Coming soon.. Want the streets plowed? Get your CID to do it.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:52 pm It sucks that anything that makes a city more liveable gets knocked out of the city budget farmed out to private money to take care of.

Coming soon.. Want the streets plowed? Get your CID to do it.
Well...our HOA does it.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Is that a private street situation or do they get funds back from the city or something to take it on themselves?
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:49 pm Is that a private street situation or do they get funds back from the city or something to take it on themselves?
Nope, just part of our HOA fees. We get a refund if there is no need for snow removal. Not sure if the other HOA's in the area do the same.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I meant from the city. So city plows know not to go down those streets? Or the hoa just supplements the city efforts?
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

I know a lot of HOA for neighborhoods in KCMO have snow removal as part of the amenities, especially in the Northland. These are city streets, some of which are complete, through streets to main streets and arteries. Unfortunately KCMO's snow removal services to residents has always been lacking. I get it, they have a ton of city streets to plow, the majority of them not being easy to plow and very far flung. The Northland over the years got the short end of the stick when it came to City's Hall attention and list of priorities and basically the new subdivision and established ones looked to private contractors for help. I personal live in Gladstone, just worked out that way, no ill will toward KCMO 8) and my street gets plowed or salted every snowfall, winter weather event. I even live on a cul-de-sac street. But KCMO is notorious for not getting to streets in a quick manner or even at all unless someone calls public works to ask for them to come by. It's interesting to look around and see where the various cities boundaries are and what gets treated by MODOT. You have these areas of the clean roads then you hit the untreated roads and think to yourself, ""ahh, I must be in KCMO now", lol
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Sorry to sidetrack this convo.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:22 am I meant from the city. So city plows know not to go down those streets? Or the hoa just supplements the city efforts?
Supplements.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

DaveKCMO wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:18 pm
langosta wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:22 am The old Goodwill is in poor shape. Not likely to be saved
Says who?
Friends who work yhere
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Buyer for Goodwill?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Big office project in the Crossroads?
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

In other East Crossroads news, it looks like Matt Abbott bought 518 E 16th St (Heath Tool Supply building and parking lot) earlier this year. 800 E 17th St (Casper Brake and Clutch) recently came on the market. Both of those seem like candidates for redevelopment.

Hopefully we will see more of the light industrial uses in East Crossroads selling and moving out.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

normalthings wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:09 pm Buyer for Goodwill?
beautyfromashes wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:58 pm Many have talked about the Tension Evelope building for redevelopment but I recently heard there was a shallow inquiry about the Goodwill building next door. It’s covered in metal siding.
This one’s getting interesting!
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

King G opened today; as expected, the sandwiches and small plates are delightful.