Misc Crossroads News

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

There is a new application for a ROW vacation at 2450 Jefferson St. I believe this is the land under the I-35 overpass. The vacation is "to develop parking for future development". The parcel to the east, between 35 and IRS building was recently up for sale. The developer in the application is 3D Development.

I don't see any details about the "future development", but it sounds like 3D Development may be putting something together for that site.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:18 amThe developer in the application is 3D Development.
Not a great sign
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

I've heard rumors, but nothing confirmed. The Carter-Waters site is technically not in the Crossroads.

Why is this a bad sign? That part of Jefferson doesn't connect to anything.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

There are workers on-site over there for a while so things have been chugging along
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

DaveKCMO wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:19 pm Why is this a bad sign? That part of Jefferson doesn't connect to anything.
I’m talking about 3D development being involved
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:23 pm
DaveKCMO wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:19 pm Why is this a bad sign? That part of Jefferson doesn't connect to anything.
I’m talking about 3D development being involved
Yeah, sorry. The question was separate from the street comment.

3D does great work, at least from the Crossroads neighborhood perspective.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

What’s wrong with 3d?
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Riverite wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:29 pm What’s wrong with 3d?
They’re the developer of the old KC Star building, which has been stalled for, what, two years now?
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

Covid has been a thing for, what, two years now?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Critical_Mass wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:57 pm Covid has been a thing for, what, two years now?
And it was mostly commercial with a dramatically escalated renovation cost (I think he told me it ended up costing double?). It's an outlier for 3D compared to the three other Crossroads projects they've completed (Corrigan, Creamery, ON Broadway, 18McGee).
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Critical_Mass wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:57 pm Covid has been a thing for, what, two years now?
They’ve had the building for well over 4 years now and haven’t even completed the shell.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:04 pm
They’ve had the building for well over 4 years now and haven’t even completed the shell.
Yet in the exact same time frame they DID complete the 18McGee project across the street, which was part of the same purchase from the Star.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:18 am There is a new application for a ROW vacation at 2450 Jefferson St. I believe this is the land under the I-35 overpass. The vacation is "to develop parking for future development". The parcel to the east, between 35 and IRS building was recently up for sale. The developer in the application is 3D Development.

I don't see any details about the "future development", but it sounds like 3D Development may be putting something together for that site.
Is the parking going to be put in underneath the viaduct? Or to the east of the viaduct in the lot?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:33 pm
KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:18 am There is a new application for a ROW vacation at 2450 Jefferson St. I believe this is the land under the I-35 overpass. The vacation is "to develop parking for future development". The parcel to the east, between 35 and IRS building was recently up for sale. The developer in the application is 3D Development.

Is the parking going to be put in underneath the viaduct? Or to the east of the viaduct in the lot?
parking under the highway with an active use under the Pennway
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

normalthings wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:50 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:33 pm

parking under the highway with an active use under the Pennway
Love that, walked between boulevard and US many times, but can see how many people would be very uncomfortable with it, I imagine this project will help a lot more people realize that DT IS walkable
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

DaveKCMO wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:02 pm
And it was mostly commercial with a dramatically escalated renovation cost (I think he told me it ended up costing double?). It's an outlier for 3D compared to the three other Crossroads projects they've completed (Corrigan, Creamery, ON Broadway, 18McGee).
Exactly. 3D has been one of the better developers in the crossroads. I don't get the hate based on slow progress finishing up The Star. Demand for office space and mass assemblies in new food halls/markets have plummeted during this pandemic. Cut them some slack!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Finally got a chance to stop into King G the bar side. Really like that space. Excited to see them expand east to the alley with another bar. The only turnoff was the bar was lamanite not real wood. Seemed like a odd choice.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Noticed the Rieger on Main has been gutted down to floors. Kitchen, bar and bathrooms are gone. I can’t imagine them taking out those bathrooms without some plan for the building.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:47 pm Noticed the Rieger on Main has been gutted down to floors. Kitchen, bar and bathrooms are gone. I can’t imagine them taking out those bathrooms without some plan for the building.
I took this pic in January.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

they better not have taken out the urinals!