One Kansas City Place

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: One Kansas City Place

Post by lock+load »

Pointing out and making fun are two different things.  Your time is so valuable that you cannot check your spelling before posting, but everyone else is supposed to just deal with it?  No one expects perfection, but to continually make posts filled with misspelled words is without excuse.  If you don’t have the time or want to make the effort, don’t waste our time by posting.  We’re not talking rocket science here.

Off the soapbox now.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

kcdcchef wrote: too bad it does not check overall grammar. hence, every post, instead of ever.

this is all pointless. if you mis-spell something, right on, good for you. if you understand the word, and notice a mis-spell, have a laugh, and move the fuck on. hell, you can spend all day laughing at it, if it makes you feel better.
I guess proof reading would help too. (the extra "o" makes the word mean "also")

Also, the misspelling of "every" in my last post would be considered a spelling error, not a grammatical one.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: Pointing out and making fun are two different things.  Your time is so valuable that you cannot check your spelling before posting, but everyone else is supposed to just deal with it?  No one expects perfection, but to continually make posts filled with misspelled words is without excuse.  If you don’t have the time or want to make the effort, don’t waste our time by posting.  We’re not talking rocket science here.

Off the soapbox now.
only temporarily. you will get back on.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Gladstoner
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Gladstoner »

One tpyo is an accident, two mispelings are a trend, and a turd one is a problem. Bad grammar bad too.
A fool and your money are soon united.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Bunch of freaks, it's a forum, not a novel.  Who cares if you misspell a work, I do ALL THE TIME when typing into these stupid things.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

GRID wrote: Bunch of freaks, it's a forum, not a novel.  Who cares if you misspell a work, I do ALL THE TIME when typing into these stupid things.
yes, but goddamnit grid, you are fucking up the rest of our lives by doing that. it is bullshit. you need to take into consideration how the rest of us feel when you refuse to take the time to spell check your own posts. i do not have the time to sit here and try to figure out whether or not mayb means maybe. this is totally ridiculous. i do not have time for this shit. damnit grid!!!! grow the fuck up.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

kcdcchef wrote: yes, but goddamnit grid, you are fucking up the rest of our lives by doing that. it is bullshit. you need to take into consideration how the rest of us feel when you refuse to take the time to spell check your own posts. i do not have the time to sit here and try to figure out whether or not mayb means maybe. this is totally ridiculous. i do not have time for this shit. damnit grid!!!! grow the fuck up.
look, I spelled word, work.  :lol:
Gladstoner
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Gladstoner »

Waht's rlelay fekray is taht you can srcmalbe the lteetrs of all wdros ecpxet the frsit and the lsat oens, and the txet can siltl be raed.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Now listen here everyone! I shall not allow my neural impulsities to succumb to the deleterious sarcoma of lingual-composite nincompoopery! The frequent logorrheic bloviational hagiographies demand nothing less!

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Tosspot wrote: Now listen here everyone! I shall not allow my neural impulsities to succumb to the deleterious sarcoma of lingual-composite nincompoopery! The frequent logorrheic bloviational hagiographies demand nothing less!
it is impossible to mis-spell anything when you make words up more often than the rest of us change socks.
Gladstoner
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Gladstoner »

kcdcchef wrote: it is impossible to mis-spell anything when you make words up more often than the rest of us change socks.
None of us have unabridged dictionaries to check them, assuming those words are in it. Someday, I may make a list and check the Oxford.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

To get back on track here, the Town Pavilion use to have one heck of a food court.  It had two levels of seating and on many days it would be hard to find a seat between 12:00 and 1:00.  It's food court was better and busier than City Center Square's.  Town Pavilion also had very busy retail areas.  With the food court on the upper floors people had to go past the retail area to get to the food.

One thing that may be hurting the getting out at lunch time is the lunch hour.  For many people it is now the lunch half-hour.

Another is direct deposit.  On paydays people were scrambling to get to the bank.  Now, there is no need to get out.

And how many people now just put a frozen dinner in the microwave and eat at the break area for lunch?
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: To get back on track here, the Town Pavilion use to have one heck of a food court.  It had two levels of seating and on many days it would be hard to find a seat between 12:00 and 1:00.  It's food court was better and busier than City Center Square's.  Town Pavilion also had very busy retail areas.  With the food court on the upper floors people had to go past the retail area to get to the food.

One thing that may be hurting the getting out at lunch time is the lunch hour.  For many people it is now the lunch half-hour.

Another is direct deposit.  On paydays people were scrambling to get to the bank.  Now, there is no need to get out.

And how many people now just put a frozen dinner in the microwave and eat at the break area for lunch?
yeah , i get a half an hour and have direct deposit.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

beautyfromashes wrote: Maby is spelled Maybe.
When you spell check "maby" the alternative of "ma by"  is offered but not the correct spelling of "maybe". I don't write spell check programs. Sorry. I suspect your post about my supposed spelling ability  is nothing more than childish retaliation against me for exposing you in another thread, where I had more than a few people agreeing with me. What does my spelling have to do with One Kansas City Place? Do you think you have wasted enough energy on something as irrelevant as the spelling of "maybe"? I went through and read a history of your posts. I was hard pressed to find a post with any substance to it. It would seem the only posts you make are ones attacking people personally. Why don't your try and offer something constructive for a change? Perhaps something related to a topic?
Last edited by justin8216 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

justin8216 wrote: When you spell check "maby" the alternative of "ma by"  is offered but not the correct spelling of "maybe". I don't write spell check programs. Sorry. I suspect your post about my supposed spelling ability  is nothing more than childish retaliation against me for exposing how stupid you are in another thread, where I had more than a few people agreeing with me. What does my spelling have to do with One Kansas City Place? Do you think you have wasted enough energy on something as irrelevant as the spelling of "maybe"? I went through and read a history of your posts. I was hard pressed to find a post with any substance to it. It would seem the only posts you make are ones attacking people personally. Why don't your try and offer something constructive for a change? Perhaps something related to a topic?
Isn't it ironic... don't you think?
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Whats up with the lighting on the south side?  Other sides still red, white, and blue, but south has a shifting kinetic purple.
Rusty
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty »

I saw that last night, too.

It looked like a cross between the Marriott lights and the P&L experimental lights that were up in December.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

They are ditching the red/white/blue lights?  Does One Kansas City Place hate America??  ;)
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

moderne wrote: Whats up with the lighting on the south side?  Other sides still red, white, and blue, but south has a shifting kinetic purple.
must have been a short-term thing today. i'm looking out my window now and it's still RW&B on the south side.

maybe they are coordinating the h+r block, the marriott, P&L, the president hotel in some sort of moving light display set to mannheim steamroller...
Robafurd
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Robafurd »

DaveKCMO wrote:

maybe they are coordinating the h+r block, the marriott, P&L, the president hotel in some sort of moving light display set to mannheim steamroller...
or trans-siberian orchestra