Cost of new NFL stadiums

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by KCPowercat »

bi-state is finished for sports facilities. We'll (MO) take care of it ourselves.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by KCK »

Anonymous wrote:It’s a good thing other suburbs of metro areas don’t think like that or the Cardinals or Rams would play in Chesterfield, the Rockies or Broncos would play in Boulder, the Reds or Bengals would play in Glendale, the….. (even though the Kansas suburbs are closer to the core of KCMO than these examples I just gave.

And yea, JoCo has taken enough from KCMO, you take their baseball team and you are going to cut local attendance in half.
Listen to you gripe. Tell me one thing KCK has taken from KCMO. Thats right there is nothing. The second anyone says Kansas you assume JOCO. Well I don't live in Johnson County. Maybe you didn't read my post above because I gave you an example. The New York Jets play in New Jersey. I throw out an idea, nothing really serious and get criticized immediately. There is no OneKC, its either KCMO or nothing to some people. Just like how KCMO made a last ditch effort to steal Nascar from WYCO. You keep your sports teams, but keep in mind that we are NEVER going to help pay for them with our taxes.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCDevin

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by KCDevin »

In my opinon, not even KCK deserves one of the sports teams... and, the entire state of KS doesn't deserve pro sports...

Like anonymous said...
You don't see the Dallas Cowboys playing in Fort Worth, the Raiders playing in San Francisco, the Giants playing in Oakland, the Broncos playing in Boulder, the Rams playing in Clayton, the Twins playing in St. Paul, the Packers playing in Milwaukee, the Bears playing in Gary, the Bulls playing in Evanston, the Expos in Alexandria... Well, you know what i'm getting at...
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by ComandanteCero »

DMW i think most of these KCMOers as are bad as the 151st streets Jocoers with regards to the ONEKC concept when it comes to talking about moving a stadium to the other side of the stateline even if it's within the urban core......... this is pretty hypocritical when people talk about ONEKC to get support for funding things in KCMO but completely betray the idea when something is asked for in return (which really isn't that radical, no one's suggesting a stadium go in the sticks) it's just the KS SIDE OF THE URBAN CORE.
Last edited by ComandanteCero on Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by KCPowercat »

The cowboys play in Irving.
You keep your sports teams, but keep in mind that we are NEVER going to help pay for them with our taxes
I really don't see a huge problem with this. DMW would you support a bi-state plan that funds regional transit? Something we truly all can benefit from?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Ilford_Extreme

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by Ilford_Extreme »

You don't see the NY Giants and NY Jets play in Jersey... wait a minute...

There is both a KCKS and KCMO, so why not? Its the Kansas City Chiefs and the Kansas City Royals, there is no distinction to what state. There are many people outside of the area who don't know the difference and I think if KC as being a bi state city anyways.
KCDevin

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by KCDevin »

KCMO is the larger and better of the two... And it is the city deserving it more than KCK...
Again, like I said, in my opinon, the state of KS doesn't deserve MLB or NFL...
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by Maitre D »

Pitt did their's for 230M, half of which was private.

Hey Lamar, do you think you're more special to KC than the Rooney family is to Pittsburgh? Think twice, old man.

We'll give him 50% of whatever he needs. The rest is on him. Matters not where they put it.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
troostwood
Pad site
Pad site

Are there any locations

Post by troostwood »

that could straddle the two states?

That would be the perfect solution, with built-in character on top of that. You could get a few legal geeks to work out the rules, etc. If they made it a full donut, tourists could walk around the circle saying, Look I'm in Kansas, Look I'm in Missouri. Kansas laws on one side of the 50, Missouri rules on the other. Sportswriters would eat it up.
KCDevin

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by KCDevin »

no, sorry but that'd be just dumb...

again, KS doesn't deserve a pro team...
supastudio
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by supastudio »

That would be an interesting concept. But where on the border would you put it? There isn't really a good spot... Kansas City is really a bistate city and KCK is coming up... look at all that development around the Speedway, and KCK was the first city in the area to bring in gambling (the Woodlands).
"Architecture is to be experienced by moving through it rather than looking at it."
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by Highlander »

DeadManWalking wrote: Listen to you gripe. Tell me one thing KCK has taken from KCMO. Thats right there is nothing.
Actually, Dole wrangled the EPA offices out of KCMO and put them in DT KCK.
KCDevin

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by KCDevin »

They are the Kansas City Chiefs and Kansas City Royals... When they talk about Kansas City, they are talking about KCMO... Not KCK, not KS, KS will never deserve a pro team... And KCK especially doesn't deserve a pro team... If you want to relocate Arrowhead, you must put it in KCMO and in Downtown so that Downtown KCMO, not KCK, will benefit from it.
Caycee
Strip mall
Strip mall

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by Caycee »

Let's put aside this KS/MO thing a focus on getting the stadiums we have rebuilt or renovated. :roll:
KCDevin

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by KCDevin »

No, Royals and Chiefs belong in Missouri!
It wouldn't be the same with the Kansas Chiefs or the Kansas Royals...

KS hasn't had, and never will have a pro team until Wichita gets one... Until then, they won't ever be getting one...
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by phxcat »

Devin, stop!

I am hearing people say that onekc means that Kansans should pay for a stadium in Missouri and get nothing in return, and it sounds so much like Bush saying that he hopes he will be able to work with the Democrats (assuming they will allow him to do whatever the hell he wants to). OneKC is a two way street- there needs to be give and take on both sides, and if that means allowing a football stadium in Kansas, then that is what it means. If you think everything should be in MO, then you do not believe in oneKC.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by KCN »

KCDevin wrote:no, sorry but that'd be just dumb...

again, KS doesn't deserve a pro team...
lighten up!
KCDevin

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by KCDevin »

No I don't believe in OneKC if it means KS getting better things than MO...

And guess what? Lamar Hunt doesn't care about OneKC either, all he cares about is making money and good attendance.

So screw Kansas...

It got the speedway which should'ave gone where the TSC is, and the stadiums should'ave gone downtown, cabela's should have been placed in the northland and bass pro in its proposed location... Village West should have been place in the northland or southern KC...

KCK is crap and always will be... Like I said, KS never will deserve pro teams...
And they sure as heck don't deserve a team as wonderful as the Chiefs...

All you guys over in KS that believe you have a chance of getting the Chiefs and Royals better wake up... Because you will NEVER get one of these teams!

When talking Kansas City, you talk about Kansas City, MO... NEVER reference Kansas City when talking about KCK... If you reference to KCK, you should acknowlege it isn't the Kansas City people think of...

How can you say this:
Deserves a Chiefs Stadium more than this?
Saying that KCK should get the Chiefs and KCMO should get the Royals is equal to Kansans telling KCMO to screw off...
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

SWFan wrote:So, we have quite a few stadiums in that list around the $300 million mark, for a NEW, ground up, stadium? And some were wanting to pass Bistate II, to spend roughly the same amount of money to simply improve an existing stadium? Call me confused.
I may not be correct about the costs of the new construction but the money for the Sports Complex stadium improvements had both principal and interest costs. The costs of the stadiums listed would only include the costs of construction and not the interest on the loans. Unless, of course, all the money was in hand before construction and no loans were used.

If Kansas wants to build a new football (or even a new baseball) stadium more power to them. Let them experience all of the negatives that go with having these facilities. My guess is that they are too smart to get involved with these types of facilities.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Cost of new NFL stadiums

Post by phxcat »

so the NFL is now awarding franchises to skylines? Does LA not deserve a team because their skyline is just too puny for the size of the city? How does Anaheim ever get anything? They don't have much of a skyline! Is this Devin's evil twin Dervin? What did you do with Devin? Bring him back!