KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Noahfleshman wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:30 pm Terminal C is being turned into office space, and a space for charter flights. Amazon is also considering expanding operations.
Oh good. Hopefully one of them stays for some sort of usage because I like the old circle terminals. They're unique and represent a particular era in both air travel and architecture.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

JetBlue loads for April were 52%. I’ll look at the breakdown for each route when I get a chance.

If there are any other routes anyone is curious about, let me know and I’ll post also. I can’t remember if there were other new routes in April or not besides JetBlue

UPDATE:
JFK 54.8%
BOS 48.7%
Last edited by dev49 on Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Noahfleshman wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:30 pm When I was working at MCI on the ramp for a third party servicing UA, word has it, United has its eye on KC for its next “hub” if not a hub, at least a maintenance hangar to take stress off DEN, IAH, and ORD. Pilots daily were asking me about it when I would push planes, and UA MCI staff were constantly mentioning things about it, I have the map for where all the new concessions will be in the airport I just don’t know how to load a photo onto this website.
I would love it if this were the case and do appreciate the insight. I fly UA often and have a lot of miles with them so having a greater presence in KC would be fantastic. I would think, however, that if UA was serious about doing more at KCI (particularly a hub), they would have been more involved in the design of the airport. Maybe they were (I don't know)? It just seems that the airport was designed for the status quo with no real expansion in mind.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

dev49 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:46 pm JetBlue loads for April were 52%. I’ll look at the breakdown for each route when I get a chance.

If there are any other routes anyone is curious about, let me know and I’ll post also. I can’t remember if there were other new routes in April or not besides JetBlue

UPDATE:
JFK 54.8%
BOS 48.7%
That is pretty terrible considering flights to Boston in April on JetBlue were like 50-70 bucks each way
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:14 am
dev49 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:46 pm JetBlue loads for April were 52%. I’ll look at the breakdown for each route when I get a chance.

UPDATE:
JFK 54.8%
BOS 48.7%
That is pretty terrible considering flights to Boston in April on JetBlue were like 50-70 bucks each way
What are Delta loads for the same periods. I have only encountered full flights on McI-BOS and MCI-NY area in recent months on Delta.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

normalthings wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:04 pm

UPDATE:
JFK 54.8%
BOS 48.7%
What are Delta loads for the same periods. I have only encountered full flights on McI-BOS and MCI-NY area in recent months on Delta.
Delta Boston 65.7%
Delta JFK hadn't started up yet.

United Newark 80%

Southwest LGA 66.8%

Delta/AA combined 69.6%
Endeavor only 83.5% - Only Delta but a fraction of it (15% of combined).
Republic only 67.1% - this is a mix of Delta and AA I can't break up (85% of combined)
Guessing because I don't know for sure. Delta was running 4x a day and AA was 2x like now. The endeavor was one of the four Delta flights.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

dev49 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:54 pm
normalthings wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:04 pm

Delta Boston 65.7%
Delta JFK hadn't started up yet.

United Newark 80%

Southwest LGA 66.8%

Delta/AA combined 69.6%
Endeavor only 83.5% - Only Delta but a fraction of it (15% of combined).
Republic only 67.1% - this is a mix of Delta and AA I can't break up (85% of combined)
Guessing because I don't know for sure. Delta was running 4x a day and AA was 2x like now. The endeavor was one of the four Delta flights.
B6 is not too bad then if Delta was just 69%

Guess I’m thinking May-June-July so April might be another story.
Noahfleshman
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Noahfleshman »

msmith011
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by msmith011 »

Noahfleshman wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:29 am https://ibb.co/DVdh0JB

There you go.
Lots of local here which is great to see. Shocked there isn't a Starbucks or McDonald's to be found, unless I'm missing something.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

msmith011 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:50 am
Noahfleshman wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:29 am https://ibb.co/DVdh0JB

There you go.
Lots of local here which is great to see. Shocked there isn't a Starbucks or McDonald's to be found, unless I'm missing something.
Dunkin Donuts
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

McDonald's at an airport is one of my guilty pleasures as I never eat them in my daily life. But this was a known list for a long time, cool to see the locations though. Thanks for posting
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

UPDATE:
JFK 54.8%
BOS 48.7%
Do you subscribe to Enilria's Patreon page for updates or are you pulling your own? https://www.patreon.com/Enilria/posts
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

If anyone wants to find out loads from past and current routes here's the website to do so

http://www.aviationdb.com/Aviation/F4SD ... htm#SUBMIT
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

hartliss wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:54 pm

UPDATE:
JFK 54.8%
BOS 48.7%
Do you subscribe to Enilria's Patreon page for updates or are you pulling your own? https://www.patreon.com/Enilria/posts
Both.

I got the original overall 52% from him but individual routes I download the spreadsheet from Transtats or whatever it is.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

dev49 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:30 pm
hartliss wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:54 pm

UPDATE:
JFK 54.8%
BOS 48.7%
Both.

I got the original overall 52% from him but individual routes I download the spreadsheet from Transtats or whatever it is.
Nice, yea, me too. Good content. He used to post on a.net but now he is charging for it, which is smart!
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Lufthansa reporting STL is their best launch ever with fully booked flights since opened and through the rest of the summer
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

normalthings wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:54 am Lufthansa reporting STL is their best launch ever with fully booked flights since opened and through the rest of the summer
Wouldn't any transatlantic flight in StL attract fliers from KC? Personally, I go out of my way to avoid connections, especially when dealing with major trips where missing a connection or losing your luggage can screw up the logistics of an entire trip. We will pay a little more for direct flights from DC area airports overseas to avoid connecting, but we have driven to NYC a few times for flights out of JFK and Newark as well.

We just took a trip from Dulles direct to Rome and had no issues while many people I know did have issues that did not fly direct. Anxiety was high enough with all the staffing issues etc at airlines and airports with a direct flight. Two flights being on time seems much more likely to have problems arise.

My point is that if KC and StL each had a flight to mainland Europe, they could feed off each other and provide a lot more options for the entire region to fly direct from Missouri to Europe. Driving a few hours from KC to StL or StL to KC seems like no big deal for major trips. But that's just me. Not sure if most would do that.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

GRID wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:27 am
normalthings wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:54 am Lufthansa reporting STL is their best launch ever with fully booked flights since opened and through the rest of the summer
Wouldn't any transatlantic flight in StL attract fliers from KC? Personally, I go out of my way to avoid connections, especially when dealing with major trips where missing a connection or losing your luggage can screw up the logistics of an entire trip. We will pay a little more for direct flights from DC area airports overseas to avoid connecting, but we have driven to NYC a few times for flights out of JFK and Newark as well.

We just took a trip from Dulles direct to Rome and had no issues while many people I know did have issues that did not fly direct. Anxiety was high enough with all the staffing issues etc at airlines and airports with a direct flight. Two flights being on time seems much more likely to have problems arise.

My point is that if KC and StL each had a flight to mainland Europe, they could feed off each other and provide a lot more options for the entire region to fly direct from Missouri to Europe. Driving a few hours from KC to StL or StL to KC seems like no big deal for major trips. But that's just me. Not sure if most would do that.
Me personally, no I would not do that. Last thing I want to do after flying 8 hours is a 3.5 hour I-70 slog. I think direct to EU is great to open up a new area to visit that people may not have on their radar originally, however I would perfer to do a change Stateside and then fly direct to destination in Europe.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

So rather than flying direct by driving to StL and parking there in 3-4 hours, you would prefer to fly to MSP, DIA, ATL, JFK etc? Which not only would add about the same time or more to the trip, but add an additional flight that could be delayed or canceled and route your luggage through another flight as well?

It's an honest question. I guess it also matters if you are flying direct to your destination in Europe. I avoid connecting in Europe as well, but we have the luxury of having non stop flights to just about any major city in the world from DC and especially from NYC. For example, right now airports like Heathrow are a total disaster so unless your destination is London, I would avoid making a connection there like the plague.

I HATE connecting even for domestic flights. I can't remember the last time I didn't fly non stop.