KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by shinatoo »

WoodDraw wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:58 pm (for those that don't know, b6 means jetblue)
This thread could due with a lot less jargon. Looking up all these TLA's is tiresome.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

shinatoo wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:53 am
WoodDraw wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:58 pm (for those that don't know, b6 means jetblue)
This thread could due with a lot less jargon. Looking up all these TLA's is tiresome.
Here are some more acronym definitions:

CDG - Paris DeGaulle Airport
CVG- Cincinnati
CUN - Cancun
AMS- Amsterdam
PDX - Portland
RDU - Raleigh Durham
AA - American
DL - Delta
WN - Southwest
UA - United
LH - Lufthansa
LHR - London Heathrow
LGW - London Gatwick
BA - British Airways
SY - Sun Country Airlines
NK - Spirit Airlines
AS - Alaska Airlines

I can edit this ongoing too!
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

If u just Google WN, B6, CVG an airline or airport will pop up in the search results
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:15 pm
If u just Google WN, B6, CVG an airline or airport will pop up in the search results
I think that's the point. If you don't have these things memorized it's a pain in the ass to Google them especially if there are like 7 in a post.

I try to de-jargon my posts but it's a jargon heavy industry and I lapse occasionally 😂 also based off the name of this thread, it's fair to say it's going to be a little bit more technical
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

WoodDraw wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:04 pm
brewcrew1000 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:15 pm

I think that's the point. If you don't have these things memorized it's a pain in the ass to Google them especially if there are like 7 in a post.

I try to de-jargon my posts but it's a jargon heavy industry and I lapse occasionally 😂 also based off the name of this thread, it's fair to say it's going to be a little bit more technical
Great points from all and appreciated.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Btw I don't know is it was intentional or not, but saying you're sick of googling while saying TLA is a fantastic joke that like four people will laugh at.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

trexel94 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:31 pm
dev49 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:04 pm AA/JetBlue northeast alliance has been shot down by a judge.

Will be curious what the means for the JetBlue flights since they basically were announced because of the agreement. Now JetBlue and AA can’t feed each other passengers anymore on those routes.
I'd love to know the stats of B6 passengers that connected onto AA operated flights. BOS and JFK have been watered down to meager focus cities for AA. What feed was there to be had? To be frank, aside from a few TATL routes that AA operates out of BOS/JFK, where can you fly on AA that B6 doesn't already serve? B6 is far bigger in the northeast than AA and can survive without them. For KC flyers, the loss of the alliance will be minimal.

Likely more important, Its long been believed that terminating the NE Alliance was a legal necessity for the buyout of Spirit to proceed.
I guess the way I look at it is loads haven’t been very good, and now you take away connections between the two so even if there aren’t a ton connecting between the two it is going to be worse. I’m not sure the JetBlue routes can take any hit at this point and survive. Maybe Boston can but JFK had to have some connections to AA for TATL that now will be no more.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

WoodDraw wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:09 pm
Btw I don't know is it was intentional or not, but saying you're sick of googling while saying TLA is a fantastic joke that like four people will laugh at.
You get me.
SingleMalt12
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by SingleMalt12 »

It could also do without grammar mistakes but that's a whole other discussion.
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

Southern Florida and southern California are both underserved at KC. MIA is sometimes twice per day, but mostly once, and at bizarre hours. I am one of the few people in Palm Beach County who is willing to trek to MIA to get a nonstop to the midwest nonhubs.

BTW, Having a club membership helps enormously (as it would with KC -- this is one of the unspoken benefits of the new SkyClub that accrues to DL and would be if AA re-opened an Admirals Club here). DL has a SkyClub at all three S. Fla airports. AA at two. I don't mind dealing with the train to MIA if I can refresh for an hour at a lounge before my 4 hour flight.

Speaking of Florida, the unravelling of the AA-B6 thing is a huge problem for AA. Now AA has to offer its own nonstops from New England to FL or lose traffic to a standalone JetBlue. People are not going to connect in Charlotte on those routes. I don't think this affects KC directly, except AA needs to come up with more pilots and planes.

For California, LAX is such a nightmare, that a lot of people would rather connect to get to Orange County (SNA) or ONT (Inland Empire) or even Burbank (convenient to the Valley and places like Encino). Someone should run a nonstop to SNA from MCI (Southwest being obvious, but DL or AA would work also).
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

Word on Airliners.net is that Indianapolis is no longer being considered by BA since Cincinnati was added. Too close to existing BA stations, too small of a catchment region and a shortage of suitable aircraft. However, the state is increasing the incentives slush fund by an additional $5 million. For whom this is for, IDK. Its kind of funny to watch them keep throwing money at airlines and still have no bites.

Mixed feelings about this. I'm cynically happy as IND is/was a major competitor to landing BA but there's now a chance that no new destinations may be added in the near term. I'm hoping that was the final obstacle to MCI landing BA and its just a matter of paperwork and logistics. BTW, anyone know the status of BA (or any other TATL prospects) and if KS ever approved of the incentives match?
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

trexel94 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:59 am Word on Airliners.net is that Indianapolis is no longer being considered by BA since Cincinnati was added. Too close to existing BA stations, too small of a catchment region and a shortage of suitable aircraft. However, the state is increasing the incentives slush fund by an additional $5 million. For whom this is for, IDK. Its kind of funny to watch them keep throwing money at airlines and still have no bites.

Mixed feelings about this. I'm cynically happy as IND is/was a major competitor to landing BA but there's now a chance that no new destinations may be added in the near term. I'm hoping that was the final obstacle to MCI landing BA and its just a matter of paperwork and logistics. BTW, anyone know the status of BA (or any other TATL prospects) and if KS ever approved of the incentives match?
Was a KS match for TATL incentives ever publicly on the table? I remember hearing that idea tossed around here but I don't remember it being part of the legislative session. Could have missed it
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

trexel94 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:59 am Word on Airliners.net is that Indianapolis is no longer being considered by BA since Cincinnati was added. Too close to existing BA stations, too small of a catchment region and a shortage of suitable aircraft. However, the state is increasing the incentives slush fund by an additional $5 million. For whom this is for, IDK. Its kind of funny to watch them keep throwing money at airlines and still have no bites.

I personally don’t read much into speculation on a.net. A lot of people say they know things they really have no clue about. Not to say Cincinnati getting the flight doesn’t hurt Indy’s chances but if Indy has the most money to give I’m not sure Cincinnati having the flight would stop BA from taking the cash from Indy. I’m not ready to count them out but I am hopeful it’s true and it does help our chances, although I still would rather see Delta
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

That same posters seems to say that BA focus will be back to re-adding service to international destinations that were cut during Covid. Specifically asia
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

langosta wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:51 pm That same posters seems to say that BA focus will be back to re-adding service to international destinations that were cut during Covid. Specifically asia
That is likely true. KC is not only competing against the Indy’s but the rest of the world as well. Limited aircraft, slot restrictions, pilot shortages,etc all make route selection an extremely delicate and competitive process.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Air Canada updated their schedule.

Toronto is suspended starting Oct 29 until at least April.

Edit: it still does start up for the summer next month though.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

dev49 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:00 pm Air Canada updated their schedule.

This baffles me…for the longest time, pre pandemic, you could take the CR2 up to Toronto and it was a staple for a long time. Since the pandemic this route has been on life support and this most recent update doesn’t help.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Sun wings first flight today
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

hartliss wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:29 am
dev49 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:00 pm Air Canada updated their schedule.

This baffles me…for the longest time, pre pandemic, you could take the CR2 up to Toronto and it was a staple for a long time. Since the pandemic this route has been on life support and this most recent update doesn’t help.
RJ flights under major pressure. Also many better ways to get to Canada and points beyond. I know people who go to Canada frequently including eastern Canada and the MCI-Toronto flight is rarely if ever the cheaper option
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

langosta wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:13 pm Sun wings first flight today
Sun country