Kansans Deserve Political Attention!!!

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

Am I the only person from Kansas who is bothered by how both political candidates totally ignore Kansas? I know why they ignore Kansas, Republicans consider Kansas as already having their support, so they feel no need to waste time here. Well this type of attitude might backfire one day, you never know for sure.

Meanwhile democrats ignore Kansas for the same reason, they think the Kansas vote is guaranteed to go to the Republicans, so they don't even bother campaigning here. Even worse, they don't consider the relatively few electoral votes Kansas has to offer worthy of making any such effort.

Meanwhile just across the state line 5 minutes from my house, the candidates are kissing major ass trying to get elected, but never in any of their stops in Missouri, did they think of making even a short stop in Kansas. Hell a quick stop in Overland Park while visiting KCMO at least.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

It doesn't make any sense for them to spend the money and time when they have no hope of seeing a return on that investment. That's just part of the deal when you choose to live in a radical state, no matter which side it's on.

Kansas would get even less attention without the electoral college, because the candidates would spend all of their time in the big states.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

There really isn't much use for a candidate to go to any state not named Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, New Mexico, Arizona, New Hampshire, Washington, Oregon or Florida.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

So why even allow the rest of the states to vote at all in the presidential election? I mean after all their votes are guaranteed right? Why not just allow the states you listed to vote, and whoever wins them wins the overall election.

Both parties are assuming that the voting patterns of certain states NEVER changes. That is the most ignorant assumption I have ever heard. Somehow a Democrat is the governor of Kansas, and a Democrat is the Representative for strongly Republican part of the state that includes Johnson County, but no one thinks it is even possible that Kansans could prefer Kerry? This is why no one around here votes, their vote is useless.

I'm not voting for Kerry, he doesn't give a damn about Kansas, so I don't give a damn about him.

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DeadManWalking wrote:I'm not voting for Kerry, he doesn't give a damn about Kansas, so I don't give a damn about him.
and Bush does?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

Bush has at least visited Kansas in the last few months.

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

oh missed that..where did he visit and why?

ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by ShowME »

Why would Kerry care about Kansas. Your state has two parties. Moderate Republican and Conservative Republican.
Calling a spade a spade.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

This really just reflects the national picture. One third are solidly Republican, one third are solidy Democratic, and the other third goes back and forth. Politicians don't want to waste time on people that aren't going to change their minds, and most Kansas aren't changing anytime soon.

Governor Sebelius is an exception. Congressman Moore barely won his last too elections and could be in big trouble this year since part of Lawrence was moved out of his district.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

isn't the kerry/edwards train stopping in KS after it leaves KC on Friday?
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
Beltonhawk
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Beltonhawk »

Kerry to visit Kansas, kinda

BY STEVE PAINTER

The Wichita Eagle

TOPEKA - John Kerry's cross-country trip will take him through Kansas, but you will have to move quickly and stay up late to see him.

The Democratic presidential nominee will make a brief public appearance at 11:30 tonight in Lawrence, a state party official said.

Kerry, accompanied by running mate John Edwards, will speak briefly in Lawrence from the back of the campaign train.

Kerry and Edwards will travel through Kansas after appearances earlier in the day in Kansas City, Mo., said Mark Simpson, executive director of the Kansas Democratic Party.

Don't expect more than a few words. Simpson was told by the Kerry campaign that the train may not even come to a complete stop in Lawrence.

The train campaign began Thursday in St. Louis. Kerry and Edwards are scheduled to appear at a rally at 8:30 tonight at Union Station in Kansas City, Mo.

They plan to make additional stops in Colorado and New Mexico before ending the 1,800-mile tour in Arizona.

The Lawrence appearance or slowdown will be at the Amtrak station, 413 E. Seventh St.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

Beltonhawk wrote:
Kerry to visit Kansas, kinda

BY STEVE PAINTER

The Wichita Eagle

TOPEKA - John Kerry's cross-country trip will take him through Kansas, but you will have to move quickly and stay up late to see him.

The Democratic presidential nominee will make a brief public appearance at 11:30 tonight in Lawrence, a state party official said.

Kerry, accompanied by running mate John Edwards, will speak briefly in Lawrence from the back of the campaign train.

Kerry and Edwards will travel through Kansas after appearances earlier in the day in Kansas City, Mo., said Mark Simpson, executive director of the Kansas Democratic Party.

Don't expect more than a few words. Simpson was told by the Kerry campaign that the train may not even come to a complete stop in Lawrence.

The train campaign began Thursday in St. Louis. Kerry and Edwards are scheduled to appear at a rally at 8:30 tonight at Union Station in Kansas City, Mo.

They plan to make additional stops in Colorado and New Mexico before ending the 1,800-mile tour in Arizona.

The Lawrence appearance or slowdown will be at the Amtrak station, 413 E. Seventh St.
That is absolutely hilarious. The train might not even come to a complete stop :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is a suggestion for Kerry, don't even bother next time.

KCK IS BACK!!!!
Beltonhawk
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Beltonhawk »

My thoughts exactly. This was my favorite line (you can tell the writer's sarcasm):
The Lawrence appearance or slowdown will be at the Amtrak station
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

No offense, but voting or not voting for someone just because they did or didn't campaign in your state is absolutely f'ing ridiculous.

We're electing a President here - not a Governor or Senator.
DanCa
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by DanCa »

Here in CA wer're ignored as well- which I see as a good thing. We have yet to see any mud-slinging campaign commercials like KC is subjected to. Political commercials are a joke.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DiggityDawg wrote:No offense, but voting or not voting for someone just because they did or didn't campaign in your state is absolutely f'ing ridiculous.

We're electing a President here - not a Governor or Senator.
I was thinking class president

dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

I'm not voting for anybody who doesn't personally knock on my door and ask for my vote. Anything less would mean that I was being ignored and disenfranchised. #-o
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

DMW, Elizabeth Edwards is promising that the campaign will come to Lawrence...

http://blog.johnkerry.com/blog/archives ... tml#002367
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

good news: because they were unable to stop in Lawrence last night, Edwards is flying back and will speak in lawrene tomorrow. buford watkins park, 1 pm. sunday.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

The 5 Democrats in Kansas must be ecstatic :D