Capping the Loop

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
cityscenekc
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Capping the Loop

Post by cityscenekc »

She was a disaster.
FlippantCitizen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by FlippantCitizen »

Ooooh mega-cringe. It hurts it’s so cringe.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

cityscenekc wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:16 pm She was a disaster.
Aren't you obligated to read it and report back so we don't have to? 😂
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

WoodDraw wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:05 pm
cityscenekc wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:16 pm She was a disaster.
Aren't you obligated to read it and report back so we don't have to? 😂
Kevin is going to be doing the lords work here. :lol:
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Maybe one of the librarians at the KC Public Library will write a review of it for us.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Rep. Sam Graves to lead House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. May help get funding for this project and other specific transportation projects in KC.

Also, MEGA grant allocations have started to be announced. Eagerly awaiting the results of that.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Cratedigger wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:31 pm Rep. Sam Graves to lead House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. May help get funding for this project and other specific transportation projects in KC.

Also, MEGA grant allocations have started to be announced. Eagerly awaiting the results of that.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/75jhbv4btp1b9 ... 2.pdf?dl=0
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

DaveKCMO wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:18 pm
Cratedigger wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:31 pm Rep. Sam Graves to lead House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. May help get funding for this project and other specific transportation projects in KC.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/75jhbv4btp1b9 ... 2.pdf?dl=0
Damn.
Didn't meet any of the following requirements:
- The project will be cost-effective (49 USC 6701(f))
- With respect to related non-Federal financial commitments, 1 or more stable and dependable sources of funding and financing are available to (i) construct, operate, and maintain the project; and (ii) cover cost increases (49 USC 6701(f))
- The applicant has, or will have, sufficient legal, financial, and technical capacity to carry out the project (49 USC 6701(f))
- The applicant submitted, together with the grant application, a data collection and analysis plan that meets the requirements in 49 USC 6701(g)
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Ouch.

Rough day for everyone here saying private funding was secured:
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

They still got $28 mil secured from the budget
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

If KCMO or MoDOT had been the applicant, legal, financial and technical capacity wouldn't have been a concern. Not the difference between this and the I-44 project.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

DaveKCMO wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:46 pm If KCMO or MoDOT had been the applicant, legal, financial and technical capacity wouldn't have been a concern. Not the difference between this and the I-44 project.
Presumably they weren't the applicant because they weren't willing to guarantee the finance though, correct?
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Onto pursuing a RAISE grant now I suppose?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Cratedigger wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:08 pm Onto pursuing a RAISE grant now I suppose?
Sure, but these deficiencies will be an issue with any federal grant program. The City or MoDOT need to step up to be the applicant and back the project like they would any other.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

They should still be able to move forward with $29 mil IIRC. The mega-grant was more like just being able to clinch it all early.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

That's not how it works. Someone has to issue the bonds and it's not going to be Cordish.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

WoodDraw wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:27 pm That's not how it works. Someone has to issue the bonds and it's not going to be Cordish.
From what I've read the mega-grant wasn't in the original plans to finance this, it was supposed to be from the RAISE grant & Blunts funding for the federal portion. The mega-grant would've just pushed them way ahead of schedule on financing. They're still back to Plan A now and trying to finally get a RAISE grant, and Blunt's funds aren't for nothing.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

UMKC Roo wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:39 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:27 pm That's not how it works. Someone has to issue the bonds and it's not going to be Cordish.
From what I've read the mega-grant wasn't in the original plans to finance this, it was supposed to be from the RAISE grant & Blunts funding for the federal portion. The mega-grant would've just pushed them way ahead of schedule on financing. They're still back to Plan A now and trying to finally get a RAISE grant, and Blunt's funds aren't for nothing.
I'm not familiar with the process. Who did the earmark from Blunt go to? I think it went to the Missouri state.

Like I said before, someone needs to issue bonds to pay for it. Who?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

CM today said funding is pretty much all lined up. Announcement in the coming weeks.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

WoodDraw wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:47 pm
UMKC Roo wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:39 pm
I'm not familiar with the process. Who did the earmark from Blunt go to? I think it went to the Missouri state.

Like I said before, someone needs to issue bonds to pay for it. Who?
Locally, it calls for $20 million in private funding and $33 million from other sources; the state would provide $10 million in tax credits and $43 million from other sources, and the federal government, a $25 million RAISE Grant, and $25 million from other sources.