P&L District Site Plan Grades

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.

Based on the site plan and the desired tenants, what grade would you give Cordish's model?

Poll runs till Sun Jan 23, 2039 3:21 am

A
55%
B
36%
C
9%
D
No votes
How do we stop payment on Cordish's check?
No votes

Total votes: 22

trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Overall, I feel that Cordish's plan is excellent. I like the way they use Block and a courtyard area in the front of their HQ as the centerpiece and they build out from there. They use the anchors of the book store, the music club, the large country bar, the grocer and the signature restaurant to even the development out in each quadrant.

Specifically, the "Live" district with around 15 bars and clubs grouped together with a courtyard in the middle is particularly interesting. I like the way this area is separated from the rest and serves as the heart of the "nightlife" activity.

The sports entertainment concept across from the arena entrance is also a no-brainer that fits well.

I am also very excited to see that much retail planned around the district. Specifically creating a retail district surrounding Baltimore and around the book store creates a little more "something for everyone" type of vibe. The guys can hit ESPN and the NABC while the women can check out Sephora, a gallery or what's new at Crate and Barrel.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

I am a little concerned by the fact that Truman Road will be lined with parking lots/ramps from the Sprint Center to the ballroom. Talk about scenery when entering the city...
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

But the highway looks horrible

It's downtown's worst eyesore, just above the Longlines building.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

KCDevin wrote:But the highway looks horrible

It's downtown's worst eyesore, just above the Longlines building.
The 670 or Truman Road?
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

670... The plans don't call for truman road to be covered, and if they do, truman road won't exist in that part of downtown anymore it would just be parks
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Generally, I think the plans look good and give them a B+. My concerns are more fundamental than those mentioned above. The project is very ambitious and if it all opens at once, it could really overwhelm the already significant organic growth that DT has undergone. I am a bit concerned about KC's ability to support the entire plan as envisioned (I know that is heresy). While the Sprint Center location is indeed a no brainer, it will be a challenge for the architects to design an arena that invites peope into it from the KC Power & Light District....rather than just a blank wall like Bartle presents to its portion of downtown. Finally, I agree about 670....why not just fill it in with cement and route I-70 around the North Side of Downtown on the already existing viaduct? After all, 670 is just a shortcut for people going from I-70 to I-35 through what will become some of the most sought after real estate in the city.