Delete non-KC/region threads.

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

I know I will get bashed alot on this, but I have to be honest. This website is meant for Kansas City discussion and discussion about development. We are not here to talk about politics or any thing else like that. We should leave those subjects to websites like SSP and SSC.
Of course, the outside KC forum should stay, but the bar and the dumpster need to go. They were both created when the forum's most infamous member was causing problems. I believe the two should be replaced by a trash forum where mods can send any negative or non KC/development related topics to be deleted.
Another plus is that hostilities between forumers will dissipate. I'm tired of having forumers thinking less of me because I have differen't religious or political beliefs than them. And I don't like seeing fellow forum members fighting each other.

In short, delete the bar and dumpster please
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

Perhaps this is just because some of the dissent from your opinions is starting to make some sense to you.

Devin, you interject religious commentary into non-religious threads all of the time. If you don't want people responding to it, don't do it in the first place. People with different ideas can co-exist but you are the one that won't play nice. If you don't like the bar, don't read the threads or post there.

Personally, I think the bar helps build a sense of community because we can all show a little more of our personalities there. I wouldn't feel like I knew everyone very well if all I ever read from them was "drove by a building and is was pretty" all the time -- though I do enjoy and appreciate those posts as well.
scooterj
Ambassador

Re: Delete non-KC/region threads.

Post by scooterj »

KCDevin wrote:This website is meant for Kansas City discussion and discussion about development. We are not here to talk about politics or any thing else like that.
By extension of your logic then avatar pics and sig lines should be banned as well... since you use them to promote your religion and that has absolutely nothing to do with KC development, and incites hostility.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

The bar and the dumpster were created specifically to keep the other rooms from having non-kc specific topics. Some of the topics in the Bar do affect the area, and are so general that the Bar is the right place for them. I think you may be referring to the marriage ammendment thread in the bar. Elections do affect the metro area, and its quality of life. Movie reviews are also good there, because we all go to movies. Believe it or not, people on here do think about things other than buildings and population growth.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

I am not referring to anything specific, I am just sick and tired of being treated like i'm an idiot just because I try to let others know I am a Christian and I love my religion, I don't try to promote my religion. If people can talk about politics, then I can talk about my religion.

I also don't appreciate people insulting me or saying something rude to my face because I support Bush or because I make my religion public. I am no differen't from those who aren't christian or those that don't support Bush.
richNcincy
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by richNcincy »

Keep both of them. If you can't handle what goes on in the two, don't view them.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

What do you think the Outside KC forum is for Devin? Personally I enjoy reading about Omaha, and St. Louis, since i visit both cities so often. If you don't want to read it, don't open the thread. I also like hearing about other cities as well. SSP is nice and all, but there are hundreds of threads to digest, and many times I miss things that are said there.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

Devin,
most people are cool with your views. Keep them, and defend them. My big problem with you is when you say that someone is not a good christian. Thats it. You have no right to determine who is and who is not a good christian. There are many many many denominations among the umbrella of Christianity. Hell, there are two or more Christian bibles. The catholic bible has different books in it than does the protestant bible. Yet, you are judging someones faith and their relationship with God based on your values and beliefs. If all Christians believed the same things and had the same values, then there would be one christian church.

Which one is right? baptist? Southern Baptist? Episcopalian? Roman Catholic? eastern orthodox? russian orhtodox? Lutheran? Church or Christ? Mormon? community of christ? methodist? Presbyterian? AME? The list goes on and on and on.

Is the christian church today valid? or the christian church 150 years ago that argued in favor of Slavery and the subjication of women? Our founding fathers, whom you claim we should emulate as good christians owned slaves and did not even consider women to be equal to men. Is that a valid christian view? No one is bashing you personally, but you must begin to understand that your religion is not the same as other folks, and not even the same as many christians. No one is dismissing you as a christian. but you cannot take at face value everything you hear and read regarding your faith. You have to read and study and understand what you are saying as your faith. You can't trust any one source. You have an obligation to yourself to study and understand the context and source of what you are reading and studying and hearing.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

Devin keep in mind that most people you argue with are older and more experienced than you. Sometimes they're going to have the upper hand in an argument. There are certain forumers who you should give a lot of credibility to. I won't name names but you should know by now who they are. Listen to them instead of trying to get rid of other forums so you don't have to hear their differing opinions.

Let me tell you, I purposely try to stay out of political/religious topics on this particular forum, but once in a while I'll glance over these threads. The way you argue sometimes isn't exactly "Christian", it's condescending. If you want to be treated with respect, you need to give it, no matter how wrong you think the person is.

Having your beliefs challenged is actually a blessing in disguise. Keep an open mind to what people tell you. After you actually digest what they have to say instead of automatically reject it, if your argument still holds ground then you know you're on to something. If not, then you've got something to think about.