P&L District: 13th & Baltimore site proposal

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Re: P&L District: 13th & Baltimore site proposal

Post by rxlexi »

Visit KC leaving that spot is a minor bummer; seemed like their KEM Studio designed space was a big deal when they first moved in (along with their logo/re-brand), and it was exceptionally attractive for a CVB office. Hopefully if they do maintain space in P&L it will be equally as thoughtfully designed with a portion open to the public.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

It would be nice to have just a visitors center somewhere in P&L along Main. We got open space.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

It’s not announced but they’re moving into Spark and will also have a visitors and sales center on Main in the old Two Light leasing office.

With the convention business taking a dive and not looking to make a strong comeback until 2022, revenue is down sharply. This move will prevent them from facing similar situations in the future.

The current space is planned future spark 2.0 when it’s needed. However could always be leased before that.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:44 am It’s not announced but they’re moving into Spark and will also have a visitors and sales center on Main in the old Two Light leasing office.

With the convention business taking a dive and not looking to make a strong comeback until 2022, revenue is down sharply. This move will prevent them from facing similar situations in the future.

The current space is planned future spark 2.0 when it’s needed. However could always be leased before that.
Regarding Spark, when I parked in the Two Light garage when I was in town a few weeks ago, it looks like I was in a new elevator and lobby area. It was a little funny to see the elevator indicator hanging out of the wall. So I assume this will be one of the entrances to Spark?

BTW, when you exit this space, it's near the resident entrance to Two Light on Truman.