Best Buy closing

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Best Buy closing

Post by mgsports »

dnweava
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Best Buy closing

Post by dnweava »

That location never had anything I was ever was looking for in stock and was just overall not a good shopping experience there lately. It was liked they were running this store like they wanted it to fail for the last year.
dnweava
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by dnweava »

Best Buy is opening a new store in the Party City space by the AMC 24 to replace the one that just closed. I don't think I've ever seen a best buy that small before.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

dnweava wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:32 am Best Buy is opening a new store in the Party City space by the AMC 24 to replace the one that just closed. I don't think I've ever seen a best buy that small before.
What’s going with the old Best Buy location ? I saw they’ve been working on the outside of that building. Also been heavy equipment busy working on that big empty lot that was originally gonna be a Sam’s Club across the road.
Last edited by w00lyb00ger on Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

dnweava wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:32 am Best Buy is opening a new store in the Party City space by the AMC 24 to replace the one that just closed. I don't think I've ever seen a best buy that small before.
must be the new format with no DVD/Blu Ray
dnweava
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by dnweava »

w00lyb00ger wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:55 pm
What’s going with the old one Best Buy location ? I saw they’ve been working on the outside of that building. Also been heavy equipment busy working on that big empty lot that was originally gonna be a Sam’s Club across the road.
The old BB space is becoming academy sports. The Sam's club lot is being subdivided into several smaller parcels for development.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

yes, I read those sub divided lots for Sams Club will contain mix of residential, commercial retail, a bank, & restaurants. Basically the more of the same of what is already out there, just filling in the empty space. Nothing exciting
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

ericwyner wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 4:57 am
The Best Buys near me got rid of DVDs, Music, Console games etc years ago and seem to use most of the store now for appliances and TVs. Other than that, I think physical Best Buy stores are only there for returns.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

dukuboy1 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:35 am yes, I read those sub divided lots for Sams Club will contain mix of residential, commercial retail, a bank, & restaurants. Basically the more of the same of what is already out there, just filling in the empty space. Nothing exciting
If you can remember where you saw that I’d like to read it.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

GRID wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:07 pm
ericwyner wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 4:57 am
The Best Buys near me got rid of DVDs, Music, Console games etc years ago and seem to use most of the store now for appliances and TVs. Other than that, I think physical Best Buy stores are only there for returns.
Makes sense since those things are basically obsolete these days. I imagine it’s cheaper to lease in that shopping center they’re going to as well since it’s a bit older.