Mayor Garner planning to restructure the UG

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
SilentSpades24
Strip mall
Strip mall

Mayor Garner planning to restructure the UG

Post by SilentSpades24 »

Facebook Post: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=36 ... 7177858805

So apparently in response to not having his budget approved (despite not bringing any sort of plan forward to go revenue neutral), Mayor Garner seeks to reorganize the UG.

This should be fun....
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Mayor Garner planning to restructure the UG

Post by alejandro46 »

I don’t trust Gardner one bit after the Denali incident.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

The amount of skilled people that have left the KCK/UG government since the past election has been staggering. I hope there are still those that can properly advise the mayor on the best way to move forward for KCK.

Now if he’ll listen to them or not is another story entirely…
Imarealperson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Imarealperson »

This guy is a complete fool.
SilentSpades24
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by SilentSpades24 »

This is just a political stunt by a mayor who is throwing a temper tantrum because we didnt cut the budget and he won't bring forward a better budget, and he's salty the commission tried to limit his power as mayor to set agendas (he had too much power).

Mayor Garner has the nerve to point fingers at UG employees and commissioners who have not been a part of the problem, all the while he (as a former KCKPD officer) and his staff (a bunch of establishment, corrupt staff from the UGs past) actively engage in corrupt acts.

If Mayor Garner was serious about reform, he would've acted on the proposed restructure his former CAO proposed, and he'd bring forward a revenue neutral budget. But no, he's more interested in political hit jobs on commissioners who tried to limit his power and letting his girlfriend and her family slander staff at public meetings.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Every state needs to have at least one corrupt, old guard county with idiotic leaders. Looks like Wyandotte County is the biggest one in Kansas.

Send in the Feds to review Garner and Company's backgrounds. I'm sure there's some goodies in there that would clean up the county government rapidly.
SilentSpades24
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by SilentSpades24 »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:51 pm Every state needs to have at least one corrupt, old guard county with idiotic leaders. Looks like Wyandotte County is the biggest one in Kansas.

Send in the Feds to review Garner and Company's backgrounds. I'm sure there's some goodies in there that would clean up the county government rapidly.
Which is unfortunate because the problem is solely at the top at this point. Garner already pushed out a lot of bad people, unfortunately, he himself is also bad people and keeps bad people around (Lavert Murray, Chris Steineger just to name a few).

I'm sure the feds would find an absolute treasure trove.