Truman Road

Transportation topics in KC
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Truman Road

Post by GRID »

Wow, I have never seen a street in KC with such nice pavement markings.

Also is it just me or does downtown KC look very small from the east. I have always found it interesting how downtown KC can look huge from some angles and tiny from others.

https://youtu.be/pg3blucLWoo?t=50
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Truman Road

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

GRID wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:11 am
Also is it just me or does downtown KC look very small from the east. I have always found it interesting how downtown KC can look huge from some angles and tiny from others.
Expecting the Royals stadium and their district to help clean that up.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

UMKC Roo wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:20 am
GRID wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:11 am
Expecting the Royals stadium and their district to help clean that up.
yeah, everything east of 71 needs help. It's so low density now. (and of course nearly everything east of Grand inside the loop).

Downtown KC just looks small and old from the east like it has not changed for the better in 50 years. Like Buffalo or something. The east side of downtown needs a substantial building newer than 1960.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Given the bike lane drama, this is not how I expected this thread to start when I saw the title.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:10 am Given the bike lane drama, this is not how I expected this thread to start when I saw the title.
I have not followed that. I guess the bike lanes are not well accepted?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

by a couple business owners, yes. It's a real laugher.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

One of the business owners is so hellbent on getting them removed that he's reverse searching Reddit users to their personal lives and posting about them on Twitter and threatening to call their colleges and work places about those people's personal opinions.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:06 pm One of the business owners is so hellbent on getting them removed that he's reverse searching Reddit users to their personal lives and posting about them on Twitter and threatening to call their colleges and work places about those people's personal opinions.
Imagine thinking this is a normal thing to do to a person and that those jobs would care.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:16 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:06 pm One of the business owners is so hellbent on getting them removed that he's reverse searching Reddit users to their personal lives and posting about them on Twitter and threatening to call their colleges and work places about those people's personal opinions.
Imagine thinking this is a normal thing to do to a person and that those jobs would care.
His post about me on his Twitter was humorous 😂
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Guys a piece of work for sure.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Update on the bike lane drama from BikeWalkKC. Personally, I'm pretty happy with this result
In committee yesterday (March 1, 2023), Public Works staff presented more details on the proposed compromise. As the diagram below shows, the new configuration would be as follows:

The bike lane on the north side of the street would be removed and converted to a dedicated parking lane.
Two lanes of vehicular traffic and a two-way turning lane would remain in place.
The bike lane on the south side of the street would be converted to a two-way cycle track.
staff noted the timeline and cost for these changes. They anticipate the project to be completed in 4-5 weeks from notice to proceed depending on the weather. The changes are expected to cost about $470,000.

or this depending on what the businesses along Truman need

alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Cratedigger wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:48 pm Update on the bike lane drama from BikeWalkKC. Personally, I'm pretty happy with this result
In committee yesterday (March 1, 2023), Public Works staff presented more details on the proposed compromise. As the diagram below shows, the new configuration would be as follows:

The bike lane on the north side of the street would be removed and converted to a dedicated parking lane.
Two lanes of vehicular traffic and a two-way turning lane would remain in place.
The bike lane on the south side of the street would be converted to a two-way cycle track.
staff noted the timeline and cost for these changes. They anticipate the project to be completed in 4-5 weeks from notice to proceed depending on the weather. The changes are expected to cost about $470,000.

or this depending on what the businesses along Truman need

Common cyclist W. Big Cycle lobby wins again

/s

Glad that a certain collision shop revealed himself so overly hostile to the neighborhood. I would give them another 2 years until he flees to the suburbs.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Unrelated, but KC Air Filter recently changed hands and the new owner is decidedly pro-streetcar. No relocation necessary!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Unfortunate. Would much prefer them get off grand.