NE Corner of 14th & Wyandotte (300 unit apartment)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
DMNBT_RCJH
Pad site
Pad site

Re: NE Corner of 14th & Wyandotte (300 unit apartment)

Post by DMNBT_RCJH »

Well. Two months after bids were due, and nothing yet (either behind the scenes that I’m aware of or public). Not worried, yet. If there was a buyer out there, Hilco would have found it. Hopefully by June or July we will have an announcement with actual legitimate financing. Money is beginning to move again, so that gives me hope.

This parcel can’t get developed fast enough.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

DMNBT_RCJH wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:53 pm Well. Two months after bids were due, and nothing yet (either behind the scenes that I’m aware of or public). Not worried, yet. If there was a buyer out there, Hilco would have found it. Hopefully by June or July we will have an announcement with actual legitimate financing. Money is beginning to move again, so that gives me hope.

This parcel can’t get developed fast enough.
Previous developer had funding lined up but tried to get an extension given uncertainty on incentive approvals. Seller thought they could close faster / raise price. Some solid names in the old group too.
bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

Yep. A couple TIF commissioners blew up the incentives request saying they wanted another but-for analysis based on changes in the development program, that force the funding to not be closed as planned in 2023. https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... tives.html
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

bspecht wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:17 pm Yep. A couple TIF commissioners blew up the incentives request saying they wanted another but-for analysis based on changes in the development program, that force the funding to not be closed as planned in 2023. https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... tives.html
I understand the hesitation with this developer but it is remarkable how close this project got to the finish line, with serious backers, and just poof went up in smoke. Developed was transparent that the chances of successful deal if they didn’t close in December would drop to near 0.
DMNBT_RCJH
Pad site
Pad site

Post by DMNBT_RCJH »

langosta wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:04 pm
bspecht wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:17 pm Yep. A couple TIF commissioners blew up the incentives request saying they wanted another but-for analysis based on changes in the development program, that force the funding to not be closed as planned in 2023. https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... tives.html
I understand the hesitation with this developer but it is remarkable how close this project got to the finish line, with serious backers, and just poof went up in smoke. Developed was transparent that the chances of successful deal if they didn’t close in December would drop to near 0.
Yes. The financing was legitimate with the Lux project, from what I’ve heard, and it would have been a big thing for the city to show they could attract that type of investor.

Extremely disappointed it did not close.

I think there was a lot of “well this project was never going to happen” or “this was all vaporware” but this project was incredibly close as proposed.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

langosta wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:04 pm
What else do you expect with KC Tenant members on the TIF commission?